TAFE NSW, Sydney Region
Temporary Position– Randwick (6 months)
We are looking for outstanding psychologists to join our team! Be a part of a business that makes a difference to people's lives!
TAFE NSW supports and empowers thousands of students in hundreds of courses across multiple campuses and online. We are one of Australia's largest vocational education and training providers.
We’re looking for qualified and experienced people who want to be part of our Student Services Team as a Temporary TAFE Counsellor.
About the position:
Responsible for the delivery of appropriate counselling services to enrolled and prospective students.
For more information about the position please readinformation package and position description.
For your application to be considered, you must:
Attach an updated resume with contact details of 2 referees
· A completed separate cover letter addressing each of the Selection Criteria
· Provide written responses to the 3 targeted questions below:
1. Describe the range and depth of counselling skills and experience, including the types of presenting issues and the populations that you have worked given TAFE is a vocational and diverse organisation. In your response, include reference to age, CALD, indigenous, youth, unemployed people and people with disabilities.
2. Describe situations and experiences requiring a capacity to work independently and in a team across multiple locations. Include a description of how you managed your caseload.
3. Identify the range of your communication skills and experience both in 1 to 1, face to face, online, over the phone and group work or class room situations.
Note: 1 This is a child-related position. Applicants must be willing to undertake a Criminal Record Check and a Working with Children Check.
Note: 2: Positions are available at various locations within TAFE NSW Sydney Region.
Note: 3 Aboriginal people are also encouraged to apply.
If you have any enquiries about the position, please contact Gillian Blackburn: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require assistance with the application process please contact the Recruitment Team on 02 9217 4388.
Closing Date: Sunday 7 July 2019
<!--[if !supportLists]--> <!--[endif]-->Recognised degree with appropriate major in Psychology as required by the Australian Psychological Society.
<!--[if !supportLists]--> <!--[endif]-->Eligibility for registration with the Psychology Board of Australia.
<!--[if !supportLists]--> <!--[endif]-->Two (2) years or more recent and relevant counselling experience (personal, educational and/or vocational) OR postgraduate qualifications in relevant counselling areas.
<!--[if !supportLists]--> <!--[endif]-->Knowledge of current developments in NSW secondary and post-secondary education & training systems, including vocational education and training.
<!--[if !supportLists]--> <!--[endif]-->Knowledge of and interest in using technology to support students.
<!--[if !supportLists]--> <!--[endif]-->Excellent communication, negotiation, liaison and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work in a team environment and independently.
<!--[if !supportLists]--> <!--[endif]-->Demonstrated organisational skills applicable to educational settings.
<!--[if !supportLists]--> <!--[endif]-->Demonstrated counselling and group work skills, including crisis work and psychometric assessment.
<!--[if !supportLists]--> <!--[endif]-->Understanding of and ability to work with emerging client populations and minority groups.
Please apply on: