Are you looking for the space to make YOUR passion come alive? Are you enthusiastic about working with children and families? Do you describe yourself as a keen learner? Do you want to have the flexibility to choose your own hours and do non-clinical tasks at home? If you said yes, we’d love to have you join our team!
About The Practice
Onwards and Upwards Psychology is a paediatric private practice located in the heart of the Inner Western suburbs of Melbourne. Some of the common presentations seen are children with anxiety, depression, parental separation, emotional regulation difficulties and low self-esteem, some of who have autism, Intellectual Disability and/or ADHD. We pride ourselves on a collaborative approach with the families and the community, with some of our families having stayed with the principal psychologist for years.
Collaboration with the community has also resulted in workshops presented on a topic of interest relevant to families concerns, as well as an illustrated series on the autistic experience. Our aim is to become well-known resource for families in the Inner West and to add value back to the community. We have established referral networks from schools and paediatricians, with clients ready to be seen by the right person.
About The Position
· Currently 1-2 days/week with capacity to expand
· Provide psychological intervention to children, adolescents and their families to treat a range of concerns
· Provided with referrals and case load
· Administrative support for the time worked
· Clinical support, mentoring and opportunities for professional development
· Competitive remuneration as a contractor
· Full registration as a Psychologist with AHPRA
· Registered Medicare provider or eligible for provision of Medicare services
· Professional Indemnity Insurance
· Has an ABN
· Experience in the treatment of children, adolescents and their families with range of presentations, particularly Autism Spectrum Disorder
· Familiarity with developmental, attachment and trauma-informed frameworks
· Willing to work in a Bronfenbrenner approach, including relevant stakeholders such as parents, caregivers, schools and referrers as part of the therapy process (where consent has been provided)
· Excellent report writing skills
· Strong clinical and organisational experience
· Flexible, enthusiastic about working with children and self-motivated
· Relevant peak body membership (e.g. AAPi or APS)
· Familiarity with client management software for record keeping
· Ability to perform out of school hours work (e.g. after 4pm on weekdays and Saturdays)
· NDIS Registration
· Experience with working with the Medicare system
· Interest in running groups and/or is a trained facilitator
· Masters in Educational and Developmental Psychology
To indicate your interest in the position, please email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!