Forensic Clinical Consultant RPN 5 / Allied Health Grade 4
Monash Health, Dandenong
- Additional role within an innovative forensic mental health program
- Permanent full-time (1.0 EFT)
- Outstanding opportunity to develop the role of Senior Forensic Specialist and improve the forensic capabilities within the Mental Health Program
Be a part of the development and implementation of a forensic mental health assessment and consultation unit and across the mental health program of Victoria’s largest public health service.
About Monash Health
Monash Health is an impressive organisation of seven public hospitals, 21 community health sites, five aged care facilities, university affiliated international research and tertiary education. We provide healthcare for the entire lifespan from pre-birth to palliative care and all stages in between that supports the delivery of clinical are.
Mental Health Program
Monash Health Mental Health Services provides a range of community, bed-based and specialist services covering the Casey, Cardinia, Greater Dandenong, Kingston and Monash LGAs – a population of nearly one million. It has an operational budget of $130 million and employs approximately 820 EFT, representing over 1000 staff.
Psychology Services (PsySS) in the Mental Health Program runs a number of programs across Monash Health including the Forensic Mental Health and Consultation Unit. The Unit will work collaboratively with the statewide Victorian Fixated Threat Assessment Centre (VFTAC), Forensicare, Monash Health’s Mental Health program and other stakeholders to provide clinical services to individuals with forensic issues. The Forensic Clinical Consultants aim to strengthen the forensic expertise within the Mental Health program and develop the capabilities of the Mental Health program including coordinating care and treating mental health patients with forensic backgrounds.
You are an experienced, energetic and determined in the clinical work you have undertaken within mental health and forensic settings. You’re serious about clinical assessment and providing evidence supported treatments. You work collaboratively and think flexibly about what interventions may assist each individual and keep the community and public figures safe. Your track record includes demonstrated success in the following areas:
- Undertaking structured assessments to assist the Mental Health program in diagnosis, formulation and treatment planning
- Undertaking clinically effective treatments with individuals
- Proven ability to develop and implement comprehensive management plans including behavioural plans across a variety of settings
- A commitment to access and service provision in public mental health
- Provision of supervision of staff and post-graduate students
- Previous experience in continuous improvement including measuring clinical effectiveness, and undertaking quality and research initiatives
You are highly motivated and thrive on the challenge of supporting and developing clinical programs. Naturally you have strong written and verbal communication skills, you are a team player, and possess well developed negotiation and influencing abilities that will be used in working with internal and external stakeholders involved with identified individuals.
What’s in it for you?
- Genuine career opportunity to influence and shape the development of a public mental health service
- Support, mentoring and development from a highly experienced and well regarded leadership team
- Satisfaction derived from embedding a new Unit into a service and supporting the development of forensic mental health competencies amongst mental health staff and other stakeholders.
As an employee of the largest public health service in Victoria, you will have access to salary packaging, onsite staff car parking and gym and a generous Employee Assistance Program.
What you need
- Current general registration with AHPRA- except social work
- Working with Children’s Check
- Forensic or Clinical Endorsement with AHPRA -Psychology only
- AHPRA registration (where applicable) to supervise post-graduate program students and registrars
- 10 years or more of proven clinical experience
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace.
Any offer of employment will be confirmed on the successful outcome of a Police Check. As part of our selection process, you may be invited by e-mail to participate in an on-camera video interview.
Please note that all applications are to be submitted via our online system and email applications will not be considered
To view the full position description and to APPLY NOW, click here