Grade 3 – Senior Clinical / Forensic Psychologist
Monash Health, Dandenong
- Use your psychology clinical skills within a multidisciplinary team, and mentor and supervise other psychologists and higher degree students
- Permanent part-time role (0.2 EFT)
- Outstanding opportunity to develop the role of a psychologist and be involved in the development and implementation of a new model of care within the SECU
About Monash Health
Monash Health is an impressive organisation of seven public hospitals, 21 community health sites, five aged care facilities, university affiliated international research and tertiary education. We provide healthcare for the entire lifespan from pre-birth to palliative care and all stages in between that supports the delivery of clinical are.
Mental Health Program
Monash Health Mental Health Services provides a range of community, bed-based and specialist services covering the Casey, Cardinia, Greater Dandenong, Kingston and Monash LGAs – a population of nearly one million. It has an operational budget of $130 million and employs approximately 820 EFT, representing over 1000 staff.
The SECU is part of the Dandenong areas mental health program. The Mental Health Program runs a number of programs across Monash Health including acute and rehabilitation bed based services, and community treatment programs
You are experienced, energetic and determined in the psychological work you have undertaken. The role will suit a dedicated senior psychologist who wants to further develop their competencies and improve clinical outcomes with adults with severe and enduring mental health issues. You’re serious about providing evidence supported psychological treatments including developing and implementing positive behavioral plans, and working as part of a multidisciplinary team. You work collaboratively and think flexibly about what interventions may assist each individual you are involved with. Your track record includes demonstrated success in the following areas:
- Psychological assessments including functional behavioral assessments
- Undertaking clinically effective psychological treatment with individuals experiencing mental illness
- Ability to develop and implement interventions to transition individuals into less supported community settings
- A commitment to access and service provision in public mental health
You are highly motivated and thrive on the challenge of working with patients. Naturally you have strong written and verbal communication skills, you are a team player, and possess well developed influencing abilities that will be used in working with internal and external stakeholders.
What’s in it for you?
- Genuine career opportunity to influence and shape the development of the SECU
- Support, mentoring and ongoing professional development from the SECU and psychology leadership
- Satisfaction derived from embedding a new model of care and supporting mental health staff and other stakeholders in their work with the patient group.
- A genuine career path as a psychologist with Monash Health
As an employee of the largest public health service in Victoria, you will have access to salary packaging, onsite staff car parking and gym and a generous Employee Assistance Program.
What you need
- Current general registration as a psychologist with the PsyBA AHPRA
- Current Forensic or Clinical Endorsement with the PsyBA AHPRA
- More than five years of clinical experience working in mental health
- Working with Children’s Check
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Preferred candidates will require a clear Police Check and a current Employee Working with Children’s Check prior to any offers of employment being made.
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview.
Please note, applications will be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System only. Email applications will not be considered.
To view the full position description and to APPLY NOW, click here