Clinical psychologist required to meet growing demand for individual and couples therapy.
Cathy Goodman Psychology is seeking a psychologist interested in private practice (with opportunity for clinical endorsement if desired).
The practice offers psychological services and treatment to individuals and couples. The patient population comprises young children through to older adults (psychologists with experience working with couples, children, and adults will be highly regarded).
This is a contract position; it would suit a motivated psychologist who has the interest, personality and skills to work in a busy professional and supportive private practice environment.
The position is available initially between 2 to 4 days a week, with some flexibility in work hours and days. Specifically, availability after hours and on weekend days is required.
We are located in a large medical practice which offers a strong referral base providing a reliable caseload of patients, full-time administrative support, a small team of experienced peers, supervision (if required) and peer review; and professional, attractive consulting rooms.
You will demonstrate:
* Experience and demonstrated competence working with high prevalence disorders as well as complex and challenging presentations.
* An interest in developing, or have developed a solid therapeutic approach (competencies in relationship therapy and / or children’s therapy will be highly regarded).
* An understanding of the importance of developing and maintaining professional and interpersonal relationships, with a wide range of client groups and other professionals, including management, reception, referring GPs, employers and other agencies.
Desirable criteria for relationship counselling position:
Specific Couples Methodologies:
* Gottman training, EFT, Imago, Systemic.
* Experience working with multiple clients.
You will be rewarded with:
* Excellent income (particularly for after hours / weekend appointments) and a strong referral base.
* Highly supportive administration team and a supportive multidisciplinary team environment.
* Peer support and opportunities for professional development.
* Career development and regular peer supervision.
* Full registration as a Psychologist with AHPRA.
* Eligible for registration as a Medicare provider.
* Professional Indemnity Insurance.
* Australian Business Number (ABN).
* Clinical Endorsement or a desire to undertake this will be looked upon favourably in the application process, and will be supported with registered supervision if desired.
* Willingness to work outside business hours or weekends (note: these hours attract higher income than ordinary sessional rates).