The Gut Centre was established more than 7yrs ago and is Australia’s first and leading clinic to provide evidence based-psychological interventions for patients experiencing disorders of the gut-brain axis. We treat patients with functional gastrointestinal disorders such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), IBD & other GI conditions. The Gut Centre has multiple locations across Melbourne and Sydney.
Due to increasing demand, we now require a Child / Adolescent Psychologist to join our amazing and supportive team.
You will be based at our Kew location with a requirement for you to work Saturdays (either all day (preferable) OR mornings or afternoons, as well as a second day either Mondays / Thursdays (min 2 days p/week in total, with potential to grow to a 3rd day if suitable).
The hours are negotiable, (ie working around school times or half days are also considered as well as before/after hours).
The Gut Centre also offers Gut-Directed Hypnotherapy to adults and children (as young as 5yrs old). Gut-Directed Hypnotherapy has Level One evidence with particular benefit for refractory IBS (Keefer et al., 2018).
In this position, you will be practicing evidence-based gut-directed psychotherapies to manage gastrointestinal disorders as well as working using CBT, ACT or Mindfulness to manage pain, and comorbid presentations, such as GAD, depression, somatisation, eating disorders, trauma. We have a strong referral base from leading doctors.
- AHPRA Registered Psychologist with professional insurance and eligibility for a Medicare number
- Working with Children’s Check
- MUST be genuinely caring, positive and committed to high quality patient care
- Keen interest in the Gut-Brain Axis / mind-body connection
- Ideally, you have training in Hypnotherapy, however, if not you would be required to undertake hypnotherapy training prior to commencement.
What we will provide you in return:
- Develop your skill set in a gut-specific area
- Fortnightly supervision and GI training from leading Clinical Psychologist Dr Jim Kantidakis
- Learn hypnotherapy (if not currently trained)
- You will be a valued member of the GC Team
- We provide a positive work culture, and an awesome team envionment.
- This is a growth area with great potential and opportunities for the right candidate
Salary or Contract is also negotiable.
To be considered for this role, please forward your resume listing all qualifications and experience to: