We are looking for 2 psychologists who have a passion for working with primary aged children with mild to moderate mental health issues including anxiety, adjustment issues and high functioning autism (typically in relation to anxiety or social/communications skills). We get a few mild teen referrals, but you are not required to see teens. It would also be helpful, but not required, for the successful applicants to have an interest in seeing some adult clients, typically mothers for parenting, adjustment or anxiety support. However if you had experience in other adult presentations we would be happy to try and provide referrals that align with your interests and skills.
Psychologist position 1 (2 days per week) - will be based at our Northgate Clinic on Monday and Wednesday’s specifically, as we don’t have anyone using the available clinic room on those days and have a surplus of referrals wanting to be seen at the clinic. We require the successful applicant to have availability after school hours until at least 6pm on both days (during school terms) in order to accommodate enough client sessions in the day, as most families prefer afternoons over mornings. However many adult clients or families needing sessions on short notice will prefer the mornings.
Psychologist position 2 (minimum 2 days per week) - home based sessions (mostly children with anxiety or autism under NDIS funding) on Brisbane's Northside in selected suburbs (preferably closer to where you live) - you can choose the days you work around your personal and child care commitments. However as the majority of families want sessions in the afternoons, from lunchtime onwards, it’s important the successful applicant has availability after school hours until at least 6pm on the days they work to ensure they can see enough clients to make it worthwhile (as often after school sessions start at 3.15/3.30 and 4.45/5 after school for home visits). This role would be ideal for someone that lives on Brisbane Northside that would like to avoid commuting into or near inner city Brisbane and would like some flexibility of work days and hours.
Most of our excess Northside referrals are for client families who live in or around these suburbs Eatons Hill/Warner/Albany Creek and Aspley/Carseldine/Bracken Ridge areas, and we aim to cluster clients in similar suburbs on the same day to minimise travel time.
We are a full fee practice that:
- Rarely provides reduced fee services (only at a psychologists discretion) so psychologists are fairly for sessions - we do not see clients under ATAPS
- Has a psychologist doing phone intakes in order to screen and match psychologists with client presentations they are suited to work well with- not filling psychologists' diaries with low fee or unsuitable referrals to increase numbers
- Rarely takes on complex or high risk clients or families (only if a psychologist agrees to take their case on) - our client base is working adults and children within working families that are experiencing mild to moderate mental health challenges, not severe presentations needing more intensive support
- Supports psychologists to enjoy time off with their children and families over school holidays and reduce their hours over these quieter periods of the year
- Facilitates free individual and group supervision sessions to help psychologists meet their PD requirements and access the clinical support they need without extra expense
- Does NOT restrict psychologists to working exclusively with us - many practices in Brisbane choose to implement restrictions of trade that prevent psychologists taking on other roles within 15-20kms (ie all of central Brisbane) during, or 6 months after leaving, their practice. This doesn't align with our values and we want to support people to find the mix of work that works best for them and their family.
This role would be ideal for a psychologist that:
- Lives on Brisbane Northside and would like to avoid travelling near or into inner city Brisbane for work
- Would like to see clients at least 2 days per week
- Has some clinical experience working with primary aged children (mandatory) in addition to some experience working with adult clients (desirable) as well as parenting work with the parents of child clients
- Isfully registered with AHPRA and is eligible for a Medicare provider number (no provisional psychologist applicants please)
We are looking to recruit a team member who values:
- A sense of humour
- Clear, friendly and prompt communications with clients and team members
- Being warm and relatable with clients
- Flexibility and adaptability
If you are interested in becoming part of the Changes Psychology team:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like someone to call you back to answer any questions about the role before applying (please specify your mobile number and the best times to call). To apply for the role, we require applicants to respond to the following points via email to allow us to fairly compare applicants:
1.Your full name as it registered with AHPRA (so we can verify you are fully registered)
2.Qualifications and a brief outline of your experience working with both children and adults as a psychologist and in other relevant roles (maximum 2-3 paragraphs). Please ALSO attach an updated version of your CV to the email so we have an overview of your work experience
3. Which role you are interested in - Northgate clinic (Mondays and Wednesdays) or the Northside home visit role (please state you preferred days to work)
4. Your contact mobile number - please include some suitable days/time periods that you could speak on the phone (the call time would be pre-arranged via email)
5. Please list any specific questions you have about the role
We will contact all applicants within 2 business days of submitting their application to organise an initial phone discussion to discuss the role. If this goes well, a face to face interview will be organised after that.
We aim to recruit a new psychologist into the role as soon as possible to have them seeing clients early in Term 2 as it it is a busy period for us. However we also understand that some people will need to transition out of other roles over time and we would be happy to wait for the right person. We look forward to hearing from you if you think this role could be for you!