About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 5,600 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
We are seeking a Psychologist/Therapeutic Specialist to join our team in Orange. The Therapeutic Specialist plays a critical role in overseeing and coordinating the functions within the Intensive Therapeutic Care programs undertaken by Life Without Barriers.
- Lead all functions of the ITC team, including clinical support, case management and Intensive Therapeutic Care Homes.
- Ensure that consistent quality therapeutic care consistent with the CARE model is delivered to Children and Young People across the ITC service system
- Facilitate Care Team Meetings, provide expertise and guidance during the formulation of Therapeutic Care Plans
- Develop a thorough working knowledge of CARE and TCI in order to model the practices to staff at all times and ensure the core principles of the CARE model are applied in all therapeutic interventions
- Monitor, coach, support, motivate and develop clinicians and case managers to enable them to deliver to the best of their ability
- Collect data through the mandatory measurement tool and distribute at care team meetings to assist in Therapeutic Case Plans
- Communicate with the FACS therapeutic coordinator, caseworkers and other relevant FACS workers to monitor the wellbeing, progress, change of circumstances and outcomes of Children and Young People
- Provide an environment free of abuse, harm and exploitation for people we support
- Support and promote the work of Life Without Barriers, maintaining a positive image of the organisation in accordance with the level of position
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy or Mental Health Nursing.
- Current registration with the professional body relevant to qualifications.
- Significant experience in a therapeutic care setting or working in a clinical environment with Children and Young People in OOHC
- Demonstrated experience to manage services within a budget.
- Team leadership and management experience.
- Proven experience in building and managing relationships with key stakeholders
- Significant experience using evidence based assessment tools with young people with trauma informed behaviour and using resultant assessments to inform planning
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, to apply, go to https://www.lwb.org.au/about-us/careers-2/job-search-results/view/3309881 and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 28 April 2019