Open Sky Psychology in Ryde is looking for a psychologist to join our friendly professional private practice team.
Our practice serves a broad range of clients with issues such as anxiety, depression, stress, workplace problems, eating disorders, bipolar disorder, trauma/PTSD, as well as relationship problems of all kinds. We provide counselling for children, teenagers, adults, couples and families.
We aim not only to help clients to address and resolve inner pain, but also to help them work towards personal growth as part of that process, transitioning to a better quality of life, ongoing.
We are seeking a psychologist to join our experienced team: someone who shows a natural aptitude for being able to connect well with clients and a willingness to develop further skills ongoing, as part of their professional development. The practitioner will be required to build up a caseload of medium to long-term clients, depending on the client’s need. Some of these clients will be presenting with complex mental health issues and/or relationship difficulties.
Fostering a sense of being a friendly team of colleagues is an important aspect of our practice culture. We encourage open and friendly interaction between practitioners, and we have space available where sometimes we lunch together in an informal atmosphere at our rooms, or at other times when suits, some of us may lunch at nearby cafes.
This opportunity is offered as a part-time contracting position, preferably for 4 days, or possibly for 3 days. It has the possibility of becoming a salaried position in future, if circumstances allow, and if mutually desired.
The position provides many of the benefits of a private practice work/life balance, but without the financial burden of setting up your own rooms, paying rent or having to generate your own clients. Your client referrals will start gradually and build up over several months.
Our support includes: a) ongoing new clients supplied to you via our browser based diary; b) access to supervision from time to time from the Principal Psychologist (as well as informally from other team members); c) full phone reception support and diary management of your clients; d) a friendly team of seven experienced therapists.
- Providing counselling/psychotherapy to clients.
- Nurturing and developing relationships with local referral agencies, including liaising with GPs and other marketing sources.
- Writing occasional blogs for the Open Sky website as required.
- Client preparation and notes, taking payments and maintaining efficient administrative systems.
- Participating in in-house case-conferences and staff meetings from time to time.
- Ensuring you meet all industry professional development requirements.
- A keen interest in psychotherapeutic theory and practice, and an ability to develop rapport and maintain a strong therapeutic alliance with your clients.
- Competence and ability to work with varied presentations and age groups, using a range of modalities and orientations.
- Ability to self-reflect on your own processes.
- Available 21-28 hours per week (or more in future if mutually desired), in shifts to be determined. Desirable: availability to work Saturdays as well as some after-hours times, ie weekday evenings.
- Desirable: 1-2 years experience or more, a natural ability to connect with people, and preferably experience in a private practice settings, working with a broad range of client issues.
- Essential: Full Registration with AHPRA as a Psychologist
- Eligible for Medicare Service Provision