Psychologist (Based in Albany)
At Catholic Education Western Australia (CEWA), we strive to empower our diverse and vibrant community of 162 schools to make a positive impact on every student and to bring our vision for learning for life.
Since 1986, CEWA has been driving the strategic direction and mission of all our Catholic schools, serving almost one in five school-aged children in WA with a distinct educational framework that motivates students and staff to achieve their full potential.
The Psychology Team is responsible for assisting schools in meeting psychological and education needs associated with student learning, behaviour, attendance, crisis response, metal health and wellbeing. This is a full time temporary position commencing as soon as possible and concluding 31 December 2020.
This role is responsible for performing the duties of a Psychologist within a regional education setting for CEWA. The Psychologist will have responsibility for a group of Catholic schools within Southern Western Australia and be based in Albany.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- To work with principals, teachers and parents to assist students to realise their full potential in the areas of learning, behaviour, mental health and wellbeing by identifying needs, planning, implementing and delivering intervention strategies at individual, group and systems levels.
- To perform psychological assessments to appraise cognitive, psychological, social and behavioural functioning of students, and where appropriate assist with the development of plans and provide documentation to support applications for services.
- To plan, develop and deliver professional learning and training to Schools relating to specific areas of need.
- To provide consultation and assist with regards to emergencies and crisis management response.
- Eligibility for full registration as a Psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia.
- Knowledge of the behavioural, emotional, social, psychological and learning needs of children and adolescence in an educational environment.
- Ability to provide direct psychological services such as counselling and assessments.
- Ability to provide indirect psychological services including advice, consultation and supervision to principals, teachers, parents and other stakeholders.
- Ability to provide whole school psychological services including delivering professional learning, assisting with policy development and supporting organisational change.
Further Information: Please refer to the Job Description Form and Selection Criteria documents for additional details. For details on how to apply please refer to our website: https://careers.cewa.edu.au/job/Perth-Psychologist-based-in-Albany-WA-6000/522424501/
Catholic Education Western Australia encourages applications from culturally diverse backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with a disability or medical condition who meet the requirements of this position. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.
Applicants must be fully supportive of the objectives and ethos of Catholic education.