Are you an experienced psychologist looking to develop your private practice in a supportive environment?
Due to an increasing number of referrals we are looking for motivated and experienced psychologists to join our well established private practice located in Richmond. We are looking for experienced general, clinical, and/or counselling psychologists. Becoming an associate of YCP offers the opportunity to work in the private sector, whilst still having access to a supportive team and allowing you to avoid much of the hassle of setting up and running a private practice.
YCP is a small private practice that has built a reputation for the provision of compassionate, non-judgmental, and effective psychological services. Our office is conveniently located close to public transport on the east end of Swan St, Richmond, and provides comfortable and private consulting rooms. We primarily work with young adults, adults, and older adults.
Why you might want to work with YCP:
· We strive to create a supportive environment for our psychologists
· We offer a true associate model rather than a sub-contracting or mixed model as we believe this is most consistent with the recommendations of the APS and ATO.
· Room fees are set to offer discounts to those who book permanent sessions, book full-day sessions, and become senior associates
· Room fees include access to:
o Comfortable and private consulting or assessment room
o Administration area with computing equipment, printer, HICAPS/eftpos, phones, secure e-fax service, and practice management software.
o IT support provided by an external medical IT provider
o Administration support - we currently have part-time administration support but will increase this as needed in the future.
o Psychological and neuropsychological tests (forms at your expense)
o Professional library, client workbooks, and resources on CD and DVD.
o YCP branding and marketing
o Use of our forms and procedures
· A 50% discount on room fees for the first three months if you book permanent sessions
· A reliable, and expanding, referral network
· Monthly individual peer consultation (if committing to a permanent full-day booking per week, otherwise prorated) and monthly group supervision
· Two on-site parking spaces for staff
Highly desirable qualities
We’d really like to talk if you:
· Are a post-graduate qualified psychologist who is passionate about providing excellent psychological services
· Enjoy working in a team and collaborating with your team members
· Are able to independently and autonomously provide psychological service to your clients
· Believe in ongoing personal and professional learning
· Have at least 5 years experience as a registered psychologist working with adult clients in a clinical setting
· Are experienced and enthusiastic about working with people with severe and/or complex mental health issues, dual diagnoses, and/or current risk of self-harm.
· Want to commit to permanent sessions
· Want to engage in the practice's group supervision
· Are keen to provide some low-cost services via bulk -billing, TPSS (aka ATAPS), and/or funding through agencies such as Melbourne City Mission.
· Represent the diverse range of people we provide services to
If you think we’d work well together, please email a detailed cover letter expressing the days you are available for consulting along with a copy of your Curriculum Vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 8th
May 2019. Promising applicants may be offered interviews prior to the closing