Peaceful Mind Psychology is a warm and professional private practice located in Armadale, Melbourne. We are a team of eight psychologists, who enjoy working together and with our clients. The practice mainly consults young women between the age of 15-35 across a range of issues, including anxiety, depression, low self-esteem and relationship issues. Peaceful Mind Psychology also has a special interest in eating disorders and offers support for our clinicians to grow in this area if they wish.
We are seeking a psychologist or clinical psychologist who has experience in private practice or a similar therapeutic environment. Ideally, we would like someone who has a special interest and/or an interest in developing experience in eating disorders.
Equivalent 2 – 2.5 days per week.
We offer the following perks and benefits:
- A really lovely team, who are very supportive and encouraging of one another. We also have an optional support program for psychologists new to private practice.
- Full caseload and consistent referrals
- Flexibility with hours/days
- 9-5pm excellent administration/reception support
- Warm supportive environment with autonomy in the way you practise
- Fortnightly peer consultations
- Fortnightly 1-hour training sessions to develop therapeutic skills in eating disorder and body image work (optional)
- Caseload consists of mix of clients with high prevalent issues (i.e. anxiety, depression, relationship difficulties), as well as clients presenting with your area of interest (e.g. eating disorders, postnatal depression, trauma, OCD couples therapy, etc).
What we need:
- Experience in private practice or a similar therapeutic environment. Ideally, we would like someone who has a special interest or work experience in eating disorders. However, we are welcoming of candidates who are wishing to pursue an area of interest.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport quickly and easily with clients
- Ability to liaise with other health professionals and stakeholders. An understanding of the importance of maintaining these relationships from a whole practice perspective.
- Eligibility for a Medicare Provider Number
- Working with Children Check
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
Please email your cover letter (including your availability) and resume addressing the above criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 23 May 2019, but you will be notified of an interview within a few days of your application.