Outlook Psychology Practice are looking for Allied Health Professionals with General Registration to join our growing private practice in Nhulunbuy, Arnhem land Northern Territory. We offer flexible working hours. We have a consistent source of referrals for adolescents and adults, and there are also excellent opportunities to work with children and couples if desired. This role will best suit a clinician who enjoys developing relationships with referrers and is able to work independently with the opportunity for peer supervision and an outstanding Practice Manager. Opportunity to expand experience in Indigenous mental health, Educational workshops, Group work.
1. Full registration with AHPRA. Masters & Clinical endorsement desirable but not essential.
2. 2 years previous clinical experience working with adults. Experience working with Indigenous people, adolescents and children is desirable but not essential.
3. Warm, personable manner – ability to build rapport quickly with clients and referrers.
4. Willingness to work independently and build on relationships established with local GP referrers.
5. Willing to commit to the position for at least 12 months.
6. Demonstrated ability to independently make sound judgement with minimum supervision such as the selection of appropriate clinical tests and preparation of reports and treatment recommendations.
7. Current Working with Criminal History Check/Children Clearance notice.
8. Public Liability Insurance.
The position is based in Nhulunbuy, a township that is the sixth largest place in the Northern Territory of Australia. Owned by the traditional Aboriginal owners, the Yolngu people, it is a place rich in culture with Yolngu maintaining strong ties with their land, religion and traditions. Known as an outdoor lover’s paradise Nhulunbuy is where locals enjoy fishing, sailing, bird watching and four wheel drive excursions to exquisite beaches and wilderness areas. The town has educational, health, social, sporting, cultural and shopping facilities for the people of the town and the very remote homeland communities of East Arnhem Land.
See link for more about Nhulunbuy and surrounding areas: