MICHELLE BARRATT PSYCHOLOGY
27th March 2019
Seeking Clinical Psychologists - Michelle Barratt Psychology – Toowong and Wynnum/Manly Area:
· An exciting opportunity exists for a professional, but vibrant, skilled and passionate Clinical Psychologist to join our team at Michelle Barratt Psychology.
· You will be required to provide clinical psychology therapy services to children, adolescents, adults, couples and families.
About Michelle Barratt Psychology
Michelle Barratt Psychology is a business based across two practices in Brisbane; Manly/Wynnum and Toowong. We are a growing Practice with the aim to always provide our clients with a professional but warm, supportive environment. We place a high value on best-practice services, and providing evidence-based interventions towards our clients, but first and foremost providing compassion toward each of our clients needs.
We have a small team of clinical and generalist psychologists, that are supported by a good team of Administrators who are well trained in supporting your clients as they book in. However, we are also in the process of seeking other types of professional services to our clients in the future. At Michelle Barratt Psychology, we have a strong value-statement that supports the absolute well-being of our clients, but also for our team. We therefore aim to provide a warm, supportive, fun and professional environment to all who choose to work here, and will always listen to the needs of our staff and endeavour to accommodate their commitments as much as possible.
About the Role: Contractor Role
· Providing assessment and therapy services for children, adolescents, adults, couples and families.
· Casual 1-2 days per week to start, with the potential to working full day four days a week if possible at all.
· Full Registration: Clinical psychologist with relevant qualifications (Current registration with AHPRA).
· Registration with Medicare: Registration with, or eligible to be registered with Medicare to provide services under the Medicare Scheme.
· Blue Card: Hold or be eligible to receive a current Blue Card.
· Insurance: Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance.
· Report/Letter Writing: Demonstrated effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and outstanding organizational skills.
· Interpersonal Skills: Experience working with children, adolescents, adults, couples and families in clinical settings.
· Intervention Delivery: Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to providing ethical, and evidence-based practice to children, adolescents, adults, couples and families.
· Best Practice: To provide compassionate clinical care within ‘psychology’s’ best practice professional boundaries, and a willingness to work within the ethical practice of Michelle Barratt Psychology and the Practice’s procedures to support staff and clients.
· Someone who has a very big heart and balance the needs of their clients as well as maintain absolute professionalism. We are looking for someone who will go above and beyond for their clients and be a part of a growing practice.
· Enthusiastic and confident individual who can work independently; have good time-management and organisational skills.
· Developed rapport building skills, with a friendly manner. Someone who is approachable and who has an open mind to embracing different projects within the Practice.
· Engagement with clients, families and other professionals that reflect the values of Michelle Barratt Psychology, as well as the ethical practice values of the APS and/or AHPRA.
What We Offer:
· Competitive package based on relevant qualifications and experience.
· Peer Discussion and Mentoring with Director/Clinical Psychologist.
· Flexible working hours to suit family and personal commitments.
· High levels of autonomy.
· Access to a range of assessment and therapy resources.
· Fun, supportive and understanding work environment.
· The opportunity to work within a team and build a business that will support you and the team.
· Excellent learning opportunities that come along with a varied case load.
· Administrative support.
· The position is for immediate start.
How to Apply:
To apply please include a copy of your resume and cover letter addressing the above selection criteria to Michelle Barratt, Director/Principal Clinical Psychologist.