Pearson is a global leader in clinical assessment development and distribution for health and education professionals. Our consultants provide free advice, support and training in the use of clinical assessments in the areas of Psychology, Special Education, Occupational Therapy and Speech Pathology.
We are seeking an experienced Allied Health or Special Education consultant for the role of Consultant SEL and Special Education. You will be responsible for a range of social/emotional, educational and cognitive assessments and intervention tools. This outstanding opportunity will suit a qualified Psychologist, Speech Pathologist or Special Education professional who has an interest in developing skills in account management, sales/marketing and training.
Based in either Sydney or Melbourne, you will occasionally be required to travel to other locations within Australia and New Zealand in order to provide assessment demonstrations and/or training workshops or to attend conferences showcasing Pearson's clinical product range. Your excellent presentation skills will enable you to train clinicians and tertiary students in the administration and interpretation of assessment tools, and you will be adept at using your assessment expertise to understand and respond to clients' questions and needs when choosing new assessment tools to purchase.
You will apply your analytical and problem solving skills to provide input into Pearson's business development and go-to-market strategies to support Pearson's growth in the psychology and special education market. You will be able to translate your rapport-building and care giving skills to ensuring that our customers are satisfied with our level of service and sensitivity to their needs. Additionally, you will be highly organised and have outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
Key performance objectives:
· Generate revenue by actively promoting Pearson Clinical Assessment's products and services through product demonstrations, webinars, training and conferences.
· Prepare and deliver presentations to other health and educational professionals, including tertiary students
· Proactively develop and maintain relationships with existing and new clients to generate sales and to determine product requirements and training needs
· Develop and maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders relevant to Pearson’s assessments and the psychology and special education professions
· Identify and develop new markets for new and existing products
· Ideally you will have at least 5 years’ experience working in education, special education, psychology, allied health or related field.
· Experience in sales, or a background in business or practice management
· Experience using psychometric assessments within a clinical and/or educational setting
· Experience in developing and delivering training to adult learners
· Member or eligible for membership of the Australian Psychological Society or similar professional organisation
· Excellent written and communication skills
· Psychologist registered with APRHA who has experience working in a school environment
· Endorsement in Ed/Dev or Clinical Neuro
If you are as passionate as we are about changing lives through learning, then help us to learn more about you and why you want to work with Pearson. To apply go to: https://pearson.jobs/virtual-aus/sel-and-special-education-consultant/B58F2A636B584401BFF4AA29A8CD55D6/job/