14 February 2018
Clinical Trainer (fixed term, two positions available)
MFB 6 - $105,539.16 pa plus superannuation
Fixed term – 12 months from commencement
Applications are open for the fixed term position of Clinical Trainer (two positions available) within the Workplace Health and Safety department located at our Burnley complex.
Reporting to the Employee Assistance Coordinator you will be required to:
· Deliver high quality bio-psycho-social education to a wide range of MFB stakeholders on concepts such as resilience, wellbeing and mental health.
· Deliver organisational wide training in Mental Health First Aid (MHFA), and assist key stakeholders in ensuring that all relevant staff are trained and maintain MHFAider accreditation.
· Manage accurate collection, recording, collation and reporting of training data and information in accordance with organisational and legislative protocols. Where appropriate, the Clinical Trainer will also report on de-identified, aggregated data to key stakeholders to inform on organisational mental health and wellbeing.
· Manage a portfolio of mental health and wellbeing education/training, ensuring that resources and practices are reflective of industry based best practise.
· Provide clinical and special support to key MFB staff (including Peer Support Officers and WH&S Staff) to deliver best practice mental health and wellbeing services. This may encompass clinical supervision/coaching services to managers and leaders, where appropriate.
· Provide Clinician on Call services as part of a rotating roster of MFB Clinical staff.
· Contribute to the design, development, integration and delivery of mental health programs, services, practices, procedures and protocols within MFB (including Employee Support Program’s Mental Health and Wellbeing Action Plan)
· Act as a resource and contribute to the education of the WH&S team by supplying subject matter expertise (commensurate to experience), including maintaining professional accreditation and participating in further training and professional development programs.
You will possess:
· Relevant qualifications in mental health (e.g. psychology, social work, mental health nursing) with appropriate registration/credentials.
· Relevant qualifications in training/education (e.g. Certificate IV in Workplace Assessment and Training or higher)
· Accreditation as a Mental Health First Aid program facilitator (highly desirable) or capacity to undertake this training
· Demonstrated experience in providing education and training services to Emergency Services staff (operational and corporate)
· Demonstrated knowledge of Emergency Services organisations and issues related to these working environments, in particular trauma risks (including PTSD/PTSI, high prevalence disorders, substance use disorders and interpersonal/relationship issues), and organisational culture issues.
· Demonstrated ability to work and communicate sensitively with Emergency Services staff (operational and corporate).
Applications must address and meet all the Capability Profile (Qualifications and Work Experience) and are to be forwarded electronically to Barb Lawrence, Recruitment Business Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org
For a copy of the position description, email email@example.com
Contact Fairlie Morgan on 0407 665 174 for any queries about the role