(Position 1: Clinical or Educational and Developmental Psychologist, 2-3 days)
(Position 2: Clinical or Counselling Psychologist or Clinical Registrar, 2-3 days)
The Practice: Western Psychological Services (WPS) is a highly regarded and established (25 years) private psychology practice offering affordable quality care. WPS is staffed by experienced and well-regarded Psychologists and support team. We seek experienced competent clinicians with integrity and passion to join our psychology service for 2-3 days a week.
This is a unique opportunity to work within an ethical, progressive, busy, caring psychology clinic, to be well supported clinically, professionally and administratively and to earn an excellent private practice income. WPS shall be offering work on a competitive consultancy and fee for service basis.
Referrals are received from a range of medical, school, government and mental health agencies providing a broad range of clinical and sub-clinical presentations. Additionally, you will have the support and capacity to work and develop personal interest areas.
The successful applicant will likely have excellent interpersonal skills and supervised experience.
Clinically, it is desired that you;
- Have current experience with relevant and evidence based psychological interventions.
- Present with passion, warmth, kindness and flexibility combined with a commitment to working ethically at all times.
- Have professional oral and written communication skills as well as current I.T. skills.
- Are client process and outcome focused.
- Have the capacity and experience developing treatment formulations.
- Have a warm, collegial, flexible and open demeanor and enjoy working in a supportive team environment.
- Have experience or desire to be supported in the treatment of people with complex trauma presentations.
JOB DESCRIPTION / KEY REQUIREMENTS
- Days and hours to suit you; 2-3 days per week, some after-hours required.
- Full AHPRA registration
- Clinical, Educational and Developmental or Counselling Psychology Qualifications (min. Master’s degree preferred)
- Income to be negotiated
- Peer/clinical supervision/consultation provided
- Medicare Provider number
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
We will provide:
- Opportunity to develop your areas of interest
- Efficient and friendly practice management, administration and reception support
- Comfortable and secure consulting rooms
- Flexible work hours
- Collaborative, friendly and supportive work environment
- Ongoing peer support and supervision
Tasks can include:
- assessing a client's needs, abilities or behaviour using a variety of methods
- working as part of a team of psychologists
- working in consultation with multidisciplinary allied, educational and medical health practitioners.
- devising and monitoring appropriate treatment programmes, including therapy, counselling or advice, in collaboration with colleagues;
- offering therapy and treatments for difficulties relating to mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, social and interpersonal problems, developmental difficulties and problematic behaviour;
- developing and evaluating service provision of clients
Working hours are generally 9am to 5pm, with the preference for some after hours in the evening.
Preferred skills include:
- empathy and a person-centred approach to clients;
- tolerance of stress;
- the ability to recognise your own limitations and respond to difficult situations;
- the ability to apply your knowledge to clinical problems;
- the capacity to be critical and analytical and to work in a self-motivated, independent way;
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to deal with adults, children & families in distress;
- the ability to collaborate with colleagues
- the determination to succeed;
- a strong understanding of the profession and the role of a psychologist
The position would suit an individual wanting choice and ability to work in a clinically and administratively supportive, friendly and flexible work environment, and the opportunity to further develop skills in a range of evidence based modalities.