Life Resolutions Brighton and Melbourne CBD are a dynamic network of privately practicing Psychologists. We pride ourselves on creating a warm, supportive and professional environment both for clients and staff. We provide psychology services to clients in Brighton, Melbourne CBD and the surrounding suburbs and are strongly committed to helping both individuals and families improve their lives and well-being.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with attractive remuneration as well as potential opportunities for career movement within the practice. This job is for multiple positions and hours at both the Melbourne CBD and Brighton locations.
• Counselling clients for the agreed hours per week in a private practice setting.
• Preparing for client sessions and researching psychological disorders/conditions as needed.
• Engaging clients to commit to counselling.
• Nurturing relationships with local referral agencies including liaising with GPs.
• The ability to self-manage administrative tasks including client preparation and notes, letters to referrers, report writing and invoicing.
• Professional development involves a continual update of current psychological therapies, procedures, conditions from attending seminars, courses and programs.
• Participation in group, peer and/or individual supervision.
• Hours are available at both Brighton and Melbourne CBD practices
• Part-time basis, with the ability to work 9am-5pm or 5pm-9pm blocks.
• Availability to work Saturday business hours is very desirable.
• Fully registered Psychologist with the Psychologists Registration Board of Victoria*
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from a recognized tertiary institution.
• Registered as a Clinical Psychologist under the Medicare Scheme.
• Experience in EAP, WorkCover or TAC claims.
• Member of the Australian Psychological Society.
• Psychology honors or masters will be highly regarded.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Demonstrated skill and experience in providing psychological interventions.
· Demonstrated ability to engage clients effectively.
· Experience as a Clinical Psychologist is very highly regarded.
· Experience in Child Psychology is very desirable.
· Minimum of three years’ experience with a diverse range of clients
· Experience with couples counselling.
· Sound computer literacy skills.
· Experience using Coreplus or similar practice management tool.
· Able to self-manage, effective in time management and motivated.
· Comfortable in, group meetings peer-review sessions and receiving feedback from peers.
Life Resolutions is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination.
*Please note at this time we are not accepting applications from provisional psychologists.