Brisbane Wellbeing Clinic is a brand new practice that has been created to provide high quality psychological health and wellbeing services in a calm, welcoming and beautiful environment. The clinic will consist of multidisciplinary professionals with a psychological health focus.
The clinic is conveniently located in a heritage building opposite Queens Plaza in Brisbane CBD, just down from Central Station. The clinic is currently undergoing a purpose built fit out with eight consulting rooms, reception, private waiting spaces and administration area, a group room for up to 20 people and a large welcoming staff kitchen and space to connect with others.
The clinic will commence in mid September, so we are currently seeking expressions of interest from warm, caring and experienced practitioners.
As well as individual sessions and short workshops, Brisbane Wellbeing Clinic will offer five speciality areas of focus and we are keen to form links to research and opportunities will grow in program leading and/or development if desired.
- Mood Clinic
- Anxiety Clinic
- Relationships Clinic
- Careers and Work Happiness Clinic
- Mood Food Clinic
What we offer:
- A professional, warm and welcoming environment for you and your clients working alongside amongst other allied health practitioners and supported by administration
- Flexibility in hours and days and the opportunity to build your caseload to your desired level (minimum availability for eight sessions per week
- Supervision and professional development opportunities
- Competitive remuneration, which values your skills and experience; 60% of session fee increasing to 70% for practitioners after 2 years of working at the clinic.
- The opportunity to build on your skills and interest areas, and become involved in programs and workshops, research, student mentoring, and/or charity involvement if desired
What we are looking for:
- Experience and enthusiasm for your profession
- Personal attributes - conscientious, organised, reliable, calm, grounded, strong sense of warmth and integrity
- Availability for a minimum eight sessions per week
- The ability to help people to feel comfortable and listened to, and skills to build a strong rapport quickly
- Demonstrated skills in evidence based approaches
- A track record of good client outcomes
- Strength in time management and a quick and efficient work style
- Competence in use of online case notes and management and reporting or ability to acquire
- Ability to provide succinct and timely written reports where required
- Existing referral relationships an advantage but not essential
- Clinical Psychology registration with Medicare preferred but not essential
Holding or ability to quickly obtain:
- Full registration with APRHA
- Own ABN
- Eligibility for Medicare and Hicaps
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
Interest, experience and expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Mood disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Relationship therapy – ideally experienced using the Gottman method of assessment and therapy
- Career counselling, assessment and coaching, workplace issues
- Nutritional psychiatry – psychological food and mood factors, psychological weight loss and vitality factors (working in conjunction with nutritional professional)
How to apply:
Please email your resume and a cover letter telling us more about yourself, your approach and your experience and why you would think Brisbane Wellbeing Clinic might be a great fit for you, in addition to outline how your meet the criteria that we are looking for.