Healthfocus Clinical Psychology Services (www.healthfocuspsychology.com.au
) has been serving residents in Armadale, Kelmscott, Roleystone, Byford, Bedfordale and surrounding areas since 2004, and today continues to be a privately owned and operated practice located in Pioneer Village, close to Armadale City Centre.
We are happy to announce that we are expanding and will be opening a Riverton clinic, next to Stockland Riverton Shopping Centre, in May 2017 that will serve Riverton, Willetton, Parkwood, and neighbouring areas.
Healthfocus is seeking Clinical Psychologists who wish to join our private practice that is well regarded in the local community around Armadale, has a reliable referral stream, provides full administration support and an opportunity to work in a team of clinical psychologists. There are exciting growth opportunities as we commence services in Riverton.
While psychologists with an existing area of practice endorsement with AHPRA are preferred, outstanding candidates who are eligible to undertake a Psychology Board of Australia Registrar programme will be considered, and board approved supervision can be provided.
The positions suit professionals seeking part time or sessional engagement, with several sessions available at both locations during the week. Healthfocus offers our clients evening appointments on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at Armadale.
Successful candidates will:
- Provide focussed, individual and family, evidence based therapy using knowledge, experience and skills to address clients' presenting psychological issues;
- Undertake psychological assessments, usually for medico-legal purposes or in the context of insurance claims (e.g. Motor Vehicle Accident and Workers' Compensation), through interview, observation, and psychometric evaluation;
- Communicate and collaborate with medical and allied health professionals as part of a holistic management of client well being, including correspondence required as part of the Medicare Better Access Initiative; and
- Ensure services are delivered according to the APS Code of Ethics.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- Possession of a Masters degree or equivalent in Clinical Psychology
- General Registration with the Psychology Board of Australia (AHPRA)
- AHPRA Area of Practice Endorsement in Clinical Psychology, or eligibility for Registrar programme towards Area of Practice Endorsement in Clinical Psychology
- Eligibility for a Medicare Provider number for Better Access Medicare Schedule items
- Experience in outpatient treatment settings is preferred
- Current Working With Children clearance
- Current National Police Clearance
- Ability to deliver evidenced based treatment protocols, including CBT
- Excellent verbal and written skills
Interested candidates should provide a full CV and a short statement addressing the selection criteria above. Enquiries should be made to Principal Yong Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by telephone at (08) 93991911.