PRACTICE PURPOSE, CORE VALUES, AND OBJECTIVES
The SAM (Seek, Arrive, Maximize) Centre was established by the Founder, Director, Principal Psychologist, Dr Samantha McLeod in 2009. Samantha is committed to “seeking, arriving, and maximizing” her own vision and mission.
The SAM Centre Vision: The SAM Centre strives to attract customers to “Seek” the help and specific services they need; to “Arrive” at their desired outcomes or destination, in order to “Maximise” their vitality and potential.
“Living with vitality, as potential becomes reality”
The SAM Centre Mission:
As a team, The SAM Centre values:
· Professional Development
As the practice manager, I am to:
· serve, support, and guide, The SAM Centre staff and practitioner team, as well as the customers.
· provide a warm, welcoming, and professional approach to customer service for all visitors.
· provide a solid (but flexible) platform for all team members to work and live vitality to release their own potential.
· provide a stimulating environment for the practitioners to professionally develop while maintaining optimal work life balance.
Position in Context
An exciting opportunity exists for a clinical psychologist (with at least 3 years private practice experience) wanting to join a group practice as a subcontractor. The practice operates Tuesday to Friday (8-8pm) and Saturdays (8am-1pm). We are looking for enthusiastic, skilled, and committed psychologist to join our friendly and professional team with and interest in working with school-aged children, adolescents, and adults. Please only apply if you are willing to work with children.
The SAM Centre provides quality psychological services for all ages of individuals, couples, families, groups, organisations, or education institutions, including:
· mental health interventions
· clinical health psychology and coaching
· sport and exercise psychology services
· gifted and performance psychology
· child and adolescent care
What can we offer you?
· Serene, cozy and professional working environment.
· Fully furnished, beautifully appointed consulting rooms
· Full kitchen and bathroom facilities
· Friendly and supportive team of psychologists and counsellors
· Flexible hours based on a minimum commitment of2 sessions per week, with scope to increase hours when mutually suitable between Tuesday-Saturdays.
· Discounted Individual and free group peer supervision that can count towards Continued Professional Development (CPD) points
· Regular practitioner meetings with The SAM Centre clinicians on private practice issues and topics
· Full reception and administration support for client and account management, as well as servicing practitioners and individual professional needs
· Marketing and Social Media exposure – Facebook, Twitter, and Website profiles
· Referral Base and networking opportunities
· Career development and progression coaching
· Group room spaces
· Opportunities to develop group interventions based on areas of interest
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
Desirable Skills & Attributes:
· AHPRA endorsements/APS College membership (health, clinical)
· Relationship and family counselling and therapy experience
· Child and adolescent as an interest area
· Interest in mental health of individuals
· Interest in health promotion and wellbeing
· Interest in developing and facilitating group interventions.
· APS membership or other peak bodies
· Evidence of experience In conducting psychometric assessments of mental health, personality or neuropsychological skills
· Experience in preparing medico-legal or treatment reports
· Experience developing and implementing group interventions
KEY PREREQUISITES, SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES AND CREDENTIALS
· Fully registered with AHPRA (Psychology Board of Australia)
· Commitment to 2 sessions per week as minimum
· 3 years minimum experience working in a private practice and/or multidisciplinary settings.
· Commitment to regular supervision and personal development.
· Ability to work independently, as well as within a team of likeminded professionals
· Ability to build your practice and relationships with referrers through regular reporting, a as well as strategic marketing and networking objectives
· Eligible for Medicare provider number
· Current police check and Working with Children’s Check (WCC)
· Professional Indemnity Insurance.
The Right Individuals for this Position will:
· Demonstrate professional pride in their work
· Be respectful and caring to clients, staff and practitioners
· Have a sense of humor and easy going nature.
· Willingness to help with reception and administrative tasks to manage their practice when required.
· Assertive, flexible and open minded
· Supports vision, mission, core values, and objectives of The SAM Centre (Seek, Arrive, Maximize)
Clinical service role:
· Adherence to AHPRA standards and the APS Code of Ethics and ethical guidelines
· Adherence to required CPD and Supervision requirements (see below)
· Attend bi-monthly practitioner meetings
· Deliver evidence based psychological assessments, theory, and interventions to clients’ of all ages and from diverse backgrounds
· Providing intensive short term goal focused counselling to supplement mental health treatment delivered by another SAM Centre practitioner co-jointly, or pre and post intervention.
· Developing and co-facilitation for delivery of evidence-based group programs or e-health programs to meet the needs of young people
· Maintain high standards of clinical record keeping and report writing
· Undergo clinical practice auditing
· Show evidence in clinical records of thorough biopsychosocial assessment, clinical formulations and diagnoses and prognosis
· Conducting co-joint assessments or interventions
· Using appropriate psychometric tools to assess and evaluate progress in treatment, functioning, behaviour and personality
· Comply with policies and procedures, including reporting and auditing requirements of third party funders and The SAM Centre
· Attend monthly peer group supervision sessions at The SAM Centre (minimum 1.5 hours per group)
· Attend 10 hour of peer supervision per AHPRA requirement.
· Provide evidence of Supervision undertaken if requested
· Must complete 30 hours of PD per annum; ensuring PD covers Endorsement areas