The Psychology, Trauma & Mindfulness Centre is a trauma-focussed Psychology Practice in Mornington. Our goal is to provide an expert trauma treatment service to the Mornington Peninsula, Westernport and South Eastern suburbs of Melbourne. Our vision is to create a Centre for Excellence in trauma treatment, research and training.
Currently, we offer individual Schema Therapy, EMDR, Internal Family Systems Therapy and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy in addition to a full complement of CBT interventions for adults presenting with a wide-range of trauma-related issues including dissociative disorders. We also offer Trauma-Sensitive Yoga on an individual and group basis in addition to Mindfulness groups.
The Centre now has a position available for an experienced Trauma Therapist to join our friendly, dedicated team. In addition to demonstrated skills and experience providing trauma-focussed interventions, you will have clinical experience with dissociative presentations, assessments and interventions. We are looking for someone with passion, drive and commitment who wants to develop an exceptional clinical practice and career working with complex trauma presentations. In return you will have the option of flexible work days and hours, excellent remuneration as a sub-contractor (70%) or as an employee after an establishment period. We offer full administrative and secretarial support, and a friendly, collegiate and supportive work environment.
- Doctoral or Masters level qualifications in Clinical Psychology (Counselling Psychology or M.H. Social Work also considered)
- Minimum 3 years post-registration clinical experience
- Advanced level training or certification, and demonstrated experience in the delivery of one or more trauma reprocessing interventions including (but not limited to): EMDR, Schema Therapy, IFS, Ego-State Therapy, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in the delivery of CBT interventions.
- Excellent time management, written and verbal communication skills.
- A well-developed critical analysis of systems of power from a feminist or human-rights perspective.
- A sound theoretical and practical understanding of the staged model of trauma treatment.
- Eligibility to provide Medicare services (own Medicare Provider number).
- Own professional Indemnity Insurance.
- A commitment to ongoing Professional Development and excellence in practice.
- Certification in Schema Therapy, IFS, or EMDR (undertaking or completed).
- Training and experience in the use of Clinical Hypnosis.
- Experience working in a private practice setting.
- Eligibility for membership of the APS Clinical and/or Counselling Colleges.
Please contact the Centre directly on (03) 5976 3911 for further information or send your confidential CV with a covering letter directly Dr Margaret Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org.