- Part Time Fixed Term position working 48 hours per fortnight - backfilling internal secondment
- Senior role commencing January 2020 until July 2020
- Multidisciplinary position - Grade 3 Allied Health - Clinical Psychologist, Occupational Therapist & Social Workers and Grade 4 Registered Psychiatric Nurse
The Substance Use and Mental Illness Treatment Team (SUMITT) have a rare opening for an experienced Senior Mental Health Clinician to join their team.
- Part Time Fixed Term position from 13 January 2020 to 10 July 2020
- You WILL make a difference to the lives of the people with whom you work
- Support through supervision and professional development
We are a caring, supportive, driven multi-disciplinary team who will welcome you and value your contributions as a Senior Mental Health Clinician. SUMITT is a program of NorthWestern Mental Health (NWMH), providing high quality services to individuals with co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders.
The position is based at Northern Area Mental Health Service (NAMHS).
A Job to Be Proud Of:
- Assessing and providing integrated interventions to individuals presenting with co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders
- Working in partnership with Alcohol and Other Drug services in North-Western metropolitan Melbourne
- Providing secondary consultations on dual diagnosis related matters to NAMHS staff
- Engaging and maintaining relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Provide educational sessions to NAMHS staff
- Driven, you appreciate complex and challenging presentations and the impact you can create
- Compassionate, you are dedicated to helping people, both staff and consumers
- Collaborative, you effortlessly engage with senior management and key clinicians
- Dedicated, you will establish best practice and strengthen the dual diagnosis capacity of NAMHS programs
- Ideally you will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in clinical mental health and/or alcohol and other drug services
- Skilled in delivering clinical duties including assessment, treatment planning, brief intervention and shared case management of dual diagnosis clients
- Accomplished in mental health and alcohol and other drug interventions
- Solid knowledge of the Mental Health Act and other relevant legislation, policies and strategic directions
Our Commitment to You:
- Be an integral part of the SUMITT team and have a positive impact on people and their families/carers during their treatment, care and recovery
- Recognition of you as both a professional and a whole person
- Acknowledgement and celebration of your skills and your growth
- Continuing investment in professional development
- Opportunities to contribute to the evidence based through research and quality improvement initiatives
Connect With Us:
Get to know us at www.nwmh.org.au and if you have any questions or want to know more we would love you to connect with us. We look forward to hearing from you.
Melbourne Health is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, ethical practice, and the principles of Cultural Diversity and social inclusion.
We build teams that embrace our values – caring, excellence, integrity, respect, and unity.
Join us to be the first in Care, Research and Learning
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working With Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment prior to commencement.