About the business
The TARA Clinic (where TARA is an acronym for Therapeutic Addiction Recovery Assistance) provides practical solutions for people who want to gain a handle on their substance use in an outpatient setting. Our approach uses evidenced based practical solutions with a Harm Minimisation framework and the current clientele is predominantly from higher socioeconomic spaces.
Our Empowered Recovery programs provide clients with a structured three-part plan to take action, build resilience and find purpose into recovery. These programs are currently provided on an individual basis and will be launched as a groups program in 2020.
Individual counselling services also allow a more flexible approach to treatment and at a pace that suits the client.
About the role
This is an exciting new role filled with opportunity for growth into the future as the private practice grows into a multidisciplinary outpatient clinic. We are looking for someone ideally to start in February 2020.
The role includes facilitating manualised psychoeducational group programs, known as Empowered Recovery, which run in weekly 90 minute closed groups for 36 weeks. As part of this program, each client attends a fortnightly individual therapy session.
The role will include supporting individual clients, facilitating group therapy, completing required practice administration (such as clinical files etc), some intake assessment support and flexible work hours will be required. The flexible work hours are required because the majority of our clients are working and have full and busy schedules so may require out of hours appointments.
Benefits and perks
Our founder believes in supporting people to be the best they can be, both professionally and personally. As such, our focus will be on ensuring that your long term professional goals can be incorporated into the role as much as possible.
Due to the nature of the work in AOD being challenging as well as rewarding, you will be supported to access regular external clinical supervision with one hour supervision paid for each month, engage in regular internal peer supervision, along with receiving a supported budget for CPD.
As this is an exciting growth period for The TARA Clinic, you will have the opportunity to be a part of building the foundations for a much larger piece to come! You have the opportunity to be as involved in the growth of the business as you like, harnessing your strengths in lateral thinking, providing suggestions and exploring referral pathways where your interests are.
Skills and experience
While there are a number of skills and interests that are important for this role, the most important thing about the candidate is their mindset and attitude.
We are looking for someone who is a really down to earth and presentable person who understands that, as the clinician, we are simply the guide in the story as the clients are the hero of their own story.
The following essential criteria is required:
- Registered Psychologist
- Experience working within addiction recovery from a Harm Minimisation approach - Bonus points if you have completed the SMART Recovery Training
- Have experience facilitating group therapy
- Be trained, or willing to complete training, in Brainspotting - a brain based trauma informed focussed mindfulness process (for more information see https://www.brainspottingaustraliapacific.com.au/faqs/ )
The following criteria is strongly regarded:
- Formally trained in DBT and Narrative Therapy
- Have, or be willing to obtain, a Medicare Provider number.
- Work from a Positive Psychology perspective
- Have a Humanistic frame of reference for working with clients.
TO APPLY - Please email your CV along with a cover letter introducing yourself and outline the below points:
- What is it that drew you to work within AOD?
- What skills and attributes do you feel you can bring to the role?
- What are your professional dreams for the future and what support do you feel you would need to achieve this?
Please email your responses to firstname.lastname@example.org