Successful applicants will be responsible for all aspects of providing therapy to their own client load. They will also enjoy the support of similarly focused colleagues, including our support staff and clinical director, and the security of working for an established practice with a strong referral base and good reputation. We are looking for applicants who are enthusiastic, able to work autonomously, and who enjoy being part of a supportive team.
Hours: From 2 to 5 days per week, optional Saturdays and/or evenings, at negotiable times, starting soon.
Essential eligibility requirements:
- an appropriate post-graduate degree in Psychology (MClin.Psych, DPsych or PhD(Clin.Psych) only.)
- full (unconditional) registration with the Psychology Board of Australia
- eligibility for registration with Medicare to provide psychology services.
Weekday staff are generally permanent employees. Remuneration for our permanent employees has two components
- Award wages and conditions (including paid leave) in accordance with Health Professionals Award at Level HP2, HP3 or HP4 depending on your level of training and experience, including:
- a guarenteed minimal level of income
- paid leave (Annual Leave, personal (sick) leave
- additional leave for attending PD
- a budget for paying for PD
- plus receive bonuses according to the average number of clients per day seen each week, up to an average of 5 clients per day.
In combination, a Clinical Psychologist can expect to earn about $120K, and a Psychologist between $60-90K depending on the level of experience on entry, if they worked full time.
Senior Clinical Psychologists may have the option of working as a Contractor if that is their preference.
Saturday and/or evening staff are employed on casual contracts or work as Contractors. Details supplied on request.