- Full time, Fixed term until June 2020 with possible view to extension
- HEO7 $85,724 - $94,302 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
- Based at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
About the role
This role is responsible for providing psychological and behavioral support services to young children with autism, and their families, consistent with the La Trobe University Community Children Centre’s Mission, Vision and values and the ESDM. In addition, this role will work as part of an innovative trans-disciplinary team implementing the ESDM, in the care and education of children (1 to 4 Years) with ASD, in a group setting. Integral to this is working as a key worker to families enrolled in the group program and supervising the clinical program of these children.
Responsibilities will include:
Providing psychology and positive behavior support services to infants, toddlers and pre-schoolers with ASD. Conducting playroom behavioural observations /assessments and writing behaviour support plans in partnerships with the child’s families and education team. Supporting the team and families to implement strategies to assist each child to maximise their development and participation, to enhance their independence and quality of life.
Skills & Experience
To be successful you will have:
- Current registration as a psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia, Allied Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission (e.g., the Behaviour Support Capability Framework, restrictive practices)
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing functional behavior assessments and positive behavior support plans across a range of behaviours of concern and support needs
- Positive attitude with a willingness to adapt to different atmospheres
- Demonstrated ability to provide psychology and/or behavioural support services to children with ASD and their families in an early childhood setting
- Motivation to work directly with children and colleagues, and adaptability to working within a childcare environment
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
Closing date: Monday 25th November, 11:55pm
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address Key Selection Criteria within cover letter and attach this with your application.