- Exciting role for a Psychologist interested in the Intellectual Disability Sector
- Join our service Monash Health Initiative for People with Intellectual Disability (MHIDI) within Monash Health Mental Health Program located in Dandenong
- Be part of a truly dynamic, inclusive & supportive environment
About Monash Health
Monash Health provides integrated health care services available to over 1.3 million people, representing 32% of the population of greater Melbourne. Monash Children’s Hospital continues our tradition of providing outstanding patient and family centred care in a purpose-built paediatric facility, delivering clinical services in a child and family-friendly environment. We also deliver healthcare breakthroughs made possible via the Monash Health Translational Precinct.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a suitably skilled Psychologist with experience or a keen interest in the intellectual disability and/or mental health sector. The MHIDI service, also known as Stronger Together, is a community based mental health assessment and consultation team for people (16 years and over) with diagnosed or suspected mental illness and, co-existing intellectual disability (dual disability) and who live in the Monash Health Mental Health services catchment.
We currently have an exciting position for a Part-time Psychologist Grade 2 or 3 to join our new service. You will work in conjunction with the Clinical Lead and the multidisciplinary team. This position will be responsible for providing evidence based behavioural assessment and interventions for consumers with a dual disability. This will also involve evidence based psychological interventions with consumers and/or family systems, evidence based cognitive psychological intervention and educational leadership training and development for clinical mental health staff, disability service staff and other relevant local workforces in the South East Metropolitan Region. The position will also work in collaboration with other team members to consolidate the Model of Care, formulate clear service policy and guidelines and ensure the service is compliant with Quality & Safety, OHS and all other areas of reporting.
- Genuinely passionate & highly committed to delivering diverse & innovative Mental Health Services
- Caring, pro-active & engaging manner dedicated to providing assessment
- Practiced in developmentally based interventions
- Encourage a climate that fosters professional development & growth
- Provide education & support for Carers & Families to assist in their caring role
- Willingness to learn & further develop skills with access to leading edge education and training
What’s in it for you?
- New service with a supportive learning environment & opportunity to further develop skills in Dual Disability
- Avenues for Career Progression including Mentorship and Career guidance
- Educational support to further your Clinical Skills and expand your dual disability knowledge base
- Support to attend professional development conferences and courses
- Staff Gymnasium
- In addition, as an employee of the largest public health organisation in Victoria, you will receive benefits such as Salary Packaging, access to staff gym, uniform and Employee Assistance Program.
What you need?
- Relevant psychology qualification
- Proven clinical experience within Mental Health and/or Disability sector
- Preferably registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Relevant working visa if required
- Working with Children Check
- Current Driver’s Licence
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Preferred candidates will require a clear Police Check and a current Employee Working with Children’s Check prior to any offers of employment being made.
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview.
Please note, applications will be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System only. Email applications will not be considered.
To view the full position description and to APPLY NOW, click here