Youth and Family Program, Monash Health Community, Dandenong, Pakenham sites
- We are looking for an enthusiastic Grade 2 Psychologist to work in our Youth and Family program
- Work in our innovative Youth Hub providing psychological services
- Outstanding opportunity to join a supportive network committed to excellence in patient care
About Monash Health
Monash Health is an impressive organisation of seven public hospitals, 21 community health sites, five aged care facilities, university affiliated international research and tertiary education. We provide healthcare for the entire lifespan from pre-birth to palliative care and all stages in between, and we have recently opened the new 230-bed Monash Children’s Hospital.
Monash Health Community and Allied Health
The Youth and Family program is part of Monash Health Community and Allied Health Sub-acute care. Monash Health Community and Allied Health’s goal is to support clients to improve & maintain health, independence & well-being by providing person-centred care in the community. ‘Making a difference together’ the Youth and Family program comprises multidisciplinary teams dedicated to the specific needs of our young clients and their families. To meet the needs of youth in our community we offer two late afternoon/early evening multidisciplinary sessions on Tuesday and Thursdays.
- You are an energetic Grade 2 Psychologist, eager to learn within the team environment. You’re passionate about providing care for young people presenting with high prevalence mental health issues.
- You work collaboratively, think flexibly, and provide empathic patient-centred care in your assessments and interventions.
- You are focused on developing effective written and verbal communication to a multi-disciplinary audience
- You strive toward attention to detail and time-management, in addition to openness to learning and response to feedback. You are able to work independently.
What you need
- Current and general registration as a psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia, Australian Health Professionals Regulation Authority (AHPRA)
- Completion of an appropriate post-graduate qualifications (Masters or Doctoral Degree) in psychology in an Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) accredited course
- Current Working with Children’s Check
- Previous clinical placement or experience in a youth service is desirable
What’s in it for you?
- Exciting career opportunity to work in this dynamic youth focused team, where psychology is a valued part of the team.
- Regular clinical supervision from experienced seniors and the support of the leadership team.
- Access to the Monash Health Community Psychology professional development program, and support to attend external professional development
- As an employee of the largest public health service in Victoria, you will have access to salary packaging, onsite staff car parking and gym, and a generous Employee Assistance Program.
How to Apply
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Preferred candidates will require a clear Police Check and a current Employee Working with Children’s Check prior to any offers of employment being made.
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview.
Please note, applications will be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System only. Email applications will not be considered.
To view the full position description and to APPLY NOW,