Al Zahra College is an IB World School (PYP, MYP, and DP) supporting students from Kindergarten to Grade 12. The college aims to achieve quality learning in all areas of the curriculum, as well as within the Islamic faith, with particular attention to instilling high moral values in each student.
We are seeking a part-time School Counsellor/Psychologist to provide psychological counselling for a range of mental health, emotional, social, and behavioural issues at Al Zahra College. The successful candidate will support the welfare, wellbeing and pastoral care needs of students across the Primary School (Kindergarten to Year 6), using evidence-based and positive behaviour support approaches. This position also offers an exciting opportunity to play a significant role in the further development of pro-active programs and activities that assist to promote positive student wellbeing.
The successful applicant must be aligned with the School's vision and values, and supportive of the School's Islamic ethos and teachings.
The successful applicants will:
- Tertiary qualifications in Psychology or related, and full registration with AHPRA (Provisional Psychologists will be considered, however supervision for registration will not be provided).
- Demonstrate highly developed counselling skills with capacity to interact with students, parents and staff.
- Ideally have experience in primary and/or secondary school settings.
- Have a strong focus on positive support approaches and proactive programs.
- Be able to develop and implement a range of preventative programs for students.
- Display empathy, commitment, resilience and be highly motivated to contribute.
- Have a strong moral and ethical compass and cultivate credibility and honesty.
- Possess a positive outlook, exceptional interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence with demonstrated ability to build authentic, collaborative relationships
- High level written and communication skills
- Actively support the School's Islamic ethos and teachings.
More information about Al Zahra College can be found on our website at www.azc.nw.edu.au
This is a permanent, part-time role, commencing in Term 4 2019 (early October, 2019). Further details relating to the terms and conditions of this appointment will be discussed at interview.
Applications should be addressed to Dr. Leila Ayoub-Mouhanna, PYP Coordinator, and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Friday 30th August 2019
Employment will be subject to providing evidence of a current and valid Working with Children Check.