- Make a significant difference in the lives of children, teenagers and their families
- Enjoy coming to work at a lovely beachside location close to the city
- Flexibility to set your own hours*
- Attractive contract or employment rates (your choice)
Do you enjoy working with children, teenagers and parents?
Do you love helping kids overcome challenges so they can reach their full potential?
If so, we are currently accepting applications from suitable candidates who would like to join our small and friendly team.
We are focused on helping with a range of common emotional, learning and social issues.
Choose from either a generous hourly rate (casual employment with an extra allowance for admin time) or an attractive contracting (fee split) arrangement.
Start with a couple of afternoons per week and build up your case load as much as you want.
Here are some more reasons why this opportunity might appeal to you:
- Be part of a small, committed team delivering high quality services to children, adolescents, parents and schools
- Receive quality referrals
- Attractive rates - contract or casual employment (your choice)
- Control your own days and hours*
- Lovely modern office opposite Port Melbourne beach
- Two minutes walk to the Bay Street shopping strip; easy access by car (all day parking) or public transport
- Comprehensive support
- Training and peer/professional supervision
- Supportive, relaxed and friendly environment
[*The only requirement is that these hours would need to include the most popular after school counselling times at 3pm, 4pm and 5pm.]
If this opportunity appeals to you please take a moment to read through the criteria below before getting in touch...
- Permanent Australian resident, living in Melbourne
- Full AHPRA registration as a psychologist (not provisional)
- Eligible for registration as a Medicare provider
- Relevant experience in child counselling and learning assessment (which may include university placements)
- Availability to see clients after school on your day(s) or afternoon(s) of work. (I.e. Last session starting at 5pm.)
- Able to engage and build rapport with kids of all ages and parents
- Commitment to excellence in client service
- Ability to work effectively in a team and independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
To learn more about the practice please visit our website:
Your next step…
This role will be filled quickly, so if you're excited about this opportunity?
We would love to hear from you today!
Please send a brief CV and brief letter introducing yourself to:
Anton Lion and Deborah Jepsen (directors)