A vacancy exists in the North Queensland region of Open Arms – Veterans & Families Counselling as Assistant Director, Clinical Operations. The role will undertake line management responsibilities for clinical staff and be responsible for the recruitment, selection, induction, supervision, and performance of the clinical employees to ensure their ability to meet service delivery requirements. The role is based in Townsville, Queensland.
Other duties include:
• Ensure all clinical work undertaken in the region is conducted in accordance with the governance requirements of Open Arms
• Provide clinical leadership in the regional application of Open Arms programs, including the group program and outreach program to ensure Open Arms clients are afforded appropriate services and to ensure clinical standards and practices are maintained
• Actively contribute to Open Arms national projects, clinical policies and procedures, research initiatives and quality assurance activities as required
• As a member of the regional leadership group, provide supportive leadership to the region and contribute to the National Management Team, and act for the Regional Director as required.
Applicants must be an Australian citizen to apply.
• Qualifications must be that of a psychologist or accredited mental health social worker.
• Qualified psychologists must have current registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Registration Agency (AHPRA).
• Mental health accredited social workers must be registered with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW).
• Working with Children (WWC) and/or Vulnerable People Checks/Clearance must be obtained prior to commencing in the position.
• Both psychologists and mental health social workers must have extensive clinical and relevant management experience.
A merit pool will be established that may be used to fill similar positions within the next 12 months.
DVA embraces and fosters a culture that supports diversity, inclusion and respect, where people are empowered to fulfil their potential. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
RecruitAbility applies to this vacancy. Under the RecruitAbility scheme you will be invited to participate in further assessment activity for the vacancy if you choose to apply under the scheme; declare you have a disability; and meet the minimum requirements for the job. For more information see: http://www.apsc.gov.au/priorities/disability/recruitability.
Contact Officer: For any job-related information required after reading the selection documentation, please contact Melody Fudge on 07 4723 9155.
For selection documentation and other information visit: https://dvajobs.nga.net.au/cp/index.cfm?event=jobs.home and complete the on-line application. For further enquires, e-mail PSGRecruitment@dva.gov.au or phone 1300 555 246.
Closing Date: 11.30pm Thursday 22 August 2019.