We are a highly regarded and well established psychology practice based in Ocean Grove that provides services to adults, couples, adolescents, children and families to the Bellarine and greater Geelong areas. We are committed to providing a work environment that is flexible, compassionate and engaged with the community.
About the role
2 vacancies exist for a registered psychologist who has experience providing psychological interventions across the lifespan. The positions are available for 1-2 days a week with the option to increase days in the future.
Preference will be given to a General or Clinical Psychologist who has experience working with children with ASD and has experience administering assessments. The work can also include adult populations and children without ASD.
Your main responsibilities include;
- Provision of therapy and assessment services to Bellarine Peninsula Psychology clients.
- Preparation of assessment reports and management of ongoing correspondence with referring doctors and other allied health practitioners.
- Maintenance of professional standard case notes, file management and the upholding of all required legal and ethical standards as outlined by the relevant registration bodies and legislation policies applicable to registered allied health providers.
- Excellent remuneration and flexible days/hours.
- Investment in your professional development progression within private practice.
- Resource Library including (assessments, book, toys, ipads, Q-interactive, ADOS-2, ADIR, WISC, WAIS etc).
- Administration support.
- Client referrals and on going provision of clients for a caseload tailored to your goals.
- Ongoing peer consultation opportunities.
- Capacity to develop extension programs and other therapeutic initiatives associated with your areas of interest.
- Structured and graduated approach to joining our team. We will provide you with support at the level you need.
- Joining a team of practitioners who have a great reputation and connection within the broader community.
Skills and experience
- Full registration with AHPRA.
- Genuine, warm and empathic nature.
- Medicare provider number and your own ABN/professional indemnity insurance.
- Excellent Oral and Written Skills to liaise with Gp's and other professionals.
- Expertise in providing psychological intervention to adults.
- Experience delivering therapy services for children and parents (desirable).
- Experience delivering assessment and early intervention therapy services for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (desirable).