Canberra Health Services
Mental Health, Justice Health, Alcohol and Drug Services
Health Professional Level 3
Salary Range: $92,103 - $97,049 (up to $101,862 on achieving a personal upgrade) (PN: 37524)
Canberra Health Services is a values-led Directorate. Our values guide our day to day actions, behaviours, decisions and communications to successfully deliver the best services to meet the needs of our community. They were developed by us, for us and are unique to our work.
Overview of the Work Area and Position
The Justice Health Services, Dhulwa Mental Health Unit (DMHU) and the Extended Care Unit (ECU) provides high quality inpatient mental health care to people from 18 to 65 years of age.
The Dhulwa Mental Health Unit (DMHU) is a secure mental health facility that first opened in November 2016. DMHU provides 24-hour, contemporary, evidence-based clinical mental health care for people who require secure inpatient treatment. DMHU provides a therapeutic and recovery-based approach, focused on individually tailored treatment programs to maximise mental health care outcomes for patients. The service aims to provide collaborative care involving the person, their carers and other key services.
The Extended Care Unit (ECU) is a specialist mental health facility adjacent to Calvary Hospital in Bruce. The ECU sits within the Stepped Care Model of mental health care, providing medium term residential care for people who require rehabilitation and support to transition into the community setting. The ECU provides a range of contemporary, community focused rehabilitation interventions, programs and services.
DMHU offers 10 acute care beds and 15 rehabilitation beds and the ECU has five beds for community transition. Both units are managed by the Justice Health Services (JHS) program in the MHJHADS Division.
The Clinical/Forensic Psychologist role is responsible for the provision of high quality psychological assessments and interventions under limited supervision. The role is also expected to contribute subject matter expertise to the multidisciplinary team, providing supervision to staff at Health Professional Level 2 and 1, Allied Health Assistants and students and supporting the Therapy Manager in service development processes.
All team members are required to undertake professional development and supervision, participate in quality initiatives and contribute to the multidisciplinary team processes.
The position is supported by a cohesive multi-disciplinary team of Nurses, Occupational Therapist, Social Worker, Allied Health Assistants, Administration Service Officers, Psychiatry Registrars and Consultant Psychiatrists.
Under broad direction, you will play a key role in providing day to day recruitment, human resource and contract management across CHS. The successful applicant will be proactive, flexible, adaptive and comfortable with a changing working environment.
· Be registered (or eligible for general registration) with the Psychology Board of Australia.
· Eligible for an area of practice endorsement in either clinical or forensic psychology.
· Minimum of three years (ideal five years) post-qualification experience in a related field (i.e. mental health, criminal justice, disability and/or drug and alcohol).
· Approved or eligible for approval as a Psychology Board of Australia Principal and/or Secondary Supervisor for 4+2 interns and/or Higher Degree Students.
· Experience or training in behaviour modification and/or clinical risk assessment.
· Current driver’s licence.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
· Undergo a pre-employment National Police check.
· Be registered under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011.
· Compliance Certificate from OMU (Occupational Medicine Unit) relating to assessment, screening and vaccination processes against specified infectious diseases.
· Comply with CHS credentialing and scope of clinical practice requirements for Allied Health Professionals.
How to Apply: For further information, please visit www.health.act.gov.au. (Ref.01L28)
Contact Officer: Emily Brown (02) 5124 1851 email@example.com.
Applications Close: 20 August 2019