- Permanent Full-Time role (Flexibility for Part Time)
- Based in Rockhampton
- Join a progressive & supportive organisation!
Carinity is looking for a dedicated and experienced Senior Practitioner (Psychology) to join our team in the Rockhampton office. The Senior Practitioner (Psychology) provides quality therapeutic and resourcing interventions for children, young people and families referred to Carinity Communities Programs, utilising a collaborative case management approach to strengthen family relationships, enhance children’s safety/wellbeing and develop supporting networks within the community.
What do I need for the role of Child and Family Therapist?
- A tertiary qualification in psychology (with national registration as a psychologist)
- Significant experience in child and family therapy/trauma, particularly with complex families in the area of child abuse, domestic violence, mental health, suicide, self-harm and family violence.
- Ability to obtain Medicare Provider number
- Experience in working with adolescents
- Registration and Clinical Endorsement with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
- Experience in providing clinical supervision to team of therapists.
The bonuses of joining the Carinity team!
- Excellent salary packaging options offering you the ability to significantly increase your take home pay.
- Join a strong values based organisation with benefits such as Professional Development / Study Assistance / Employee Assistance Program
- Look after your mental health and wellbeing with Carinity’s Employee Assistance Program
Who is Carinity?
Carinity is a not-for-profit, values-driven organisation, which has been making a real difference in people’s lives since 1949 through comprehensive and integrated community services including residential aged care, retirement living, home care, schools for disengaged youth, disability respite, counselling, and youth accommodation.
Carinity Communities – Wahroonga is a counselling centre in Rockhampton providing high quality, special counselling and psychology services to preteens, teenagers and emerging adults. Wahroonga provides help to children, young people and their families to heal from trauma, develop coping strategies for emotional, behavioural or mental health concerns arising from issues such as abuse, neglect, depression, anxiety, bullying or who may be at risk of self-harm or suicide.
How do I apply?
Carinity is after motivated and enthusiastic candidates who are committed to working with Carinity to make a real difference! If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
To apply or view more information, including the position description, visit https://www.carinity.org.au/join-our-team/. When successful you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History Check or provide a certificate on commencement.
Carinity actively encourages and invites applications from people with disabilities and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all our positions.
For further information please contact Terri Evans, Program Manager on, 4922 5226, only during business hours.