Carinity is looking for a dedicated and experienced Child and Family Therapist to join our team in the Rockhampton office in both Full and Part Time roles.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring the level of risk to children and families engaged within the program and actively raise awareness about youth Suicide Prevention, Youth Mental Health, Child Safety and Domestic Violence within the Community.
- Providing an outstanding therapeutic service to children, young people and their families.
- Building referral pathways to grow and sustain the business.
What do I need for the role of Child and Family Therapist?
- Appropriate tertiary qualification/s in Psychology/Social Work/Counselling or similar relevant discipline.
- At least two years' experience working with children, young people and their families who have been impacted by trauma or experienced abuse and neglect, or at least five years' experience working in similar roles.
- Ability to obtain Medicare Provider number is desirable not necessary
- Experience providing individual and group therapy to children, young people and their families.
- Clinical and therapeutic understanding of the impacts of trauma on child and family functioning and knowledge of current trauma treatment trends.
The bonuses of joining the Carinity team!
In addition we have excellent salary packaging options offering you the ability to significantly increase your take home pay.
Join a strong values based organisation with benefits such as Professional Development / Study Assistance / Employee Assistance Program
Join a value driven organisation, with a culture of caring for others!
Look after your mental health and wellbeing with Carinity’s Employee Assistance Program
Who is Carinity?
Carinity is a not-for-profit, values-driven organisation, which has been making a real difference in people’s lives since 1949 through comprehensive and integrated community services including residential aged care, retirement living, home care, schools for disengaged youth, disability respite, counselling, and youth accommodation.
Carinity Communities – Wahroonga is a counselling centre in Rockhampton providing high quality, special counselling and psychology services to preteens, teenagers and emerging adults. Wahroonga provides help to children, young people and their families to heal from trauma, develop coping strategies for emotional, behavioural or mental health concerns arising from issues such as abuse, neglect, depression, anxiety, bullying or who may be at risk of self-harm or suicide.
How do I apply?
Carinity is after motivated and enthusiastic candidates who are committed to working with Carinity to make a real difference! If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
To apply or view more information, including the position description, visit https://www.carinity.org.au/join-our-team/. When successful you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History Check or provide a certificate on commencement.
Carinity actively encourages and invites applications from people with disabilities and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all our positions.
For further information please contact Terri Evans, Program Manager on, 4922 5226, only during business hours.