Clinical Psychologist, Registered Psychologist or Accredited Mental Health Social Worker
Gidget Foundation Australia
Various Gidget House Locations including: Wagga Wagga, Queanbeyan, Toowoomba, Sydney Lower North Shore and Western Suburbs
- Full control over work days and hours (including accommodating school hours)
- Full administration support provided by strong and supportive administration team
- No rental contribution
- Multiple part time contractor positions available
- Client sourcing and service promotion carried out by Gidget Foundation Australia
- Opportunity to work in perinatal mental health and early intervention
- Supervision provided by Professor Bryanne Barnett AM
- Immediate or flexible start dates available
- Medicare bulk-billed service
Gidget Foundation Australia (GFA) is a not-for-profit organisation that supports the emotional wellbeing of expectant and new parents to ensure those in need receive timely, appropriate and supportive care. Gidget House is one of three clinical programs implemented by GFA.
Gidget House is a centre offering perinatal mental health services to expectant and new parents in need of support around PNDA or who may have experienced other forms of perinatal trauma such as fertility issues, miscarriage and stillbirth. This is a GP referred program that requires a mental health plan. The program is underpinned by a basic belief that early detection and intervention are key to ensuring those living with PNDA can go on to live happy and fulfilling lives.
Gidget Foundation Australia is currently looking for qualified, skilled and experienced clinicians who will work within a team at a number of Gidget House locations in NSW and QLD, under the supervision and guidance of perinatal psychiatrist, Professor Bryanne Barnett AM. Applications will be considered from clinical psychologists, registered psychologists or accredited mental health social workers.
The people we are looking for understand the value of a person-centred recovery approach, have a can-do attitude, are able to work independently and as part of a team.
Gidget Houses are open Monday to Friday (and Saturdays in some locations). A range of days/hours is available and the role/s can accommodate school hours or shorter early evening shifts.
Essential selection criteria
- Demonstrated proficiency in comprehensive psychological assessment and evidence-based therapy relevant to parents with perinatal mental health issues.
- AHPRA registration and endorsements in psychology.
- At least 5 years post-registration experience, with specific experience working with perinatal clients.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a recovery oriented model, utilising a person/family centred approach.
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently under approved professional supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and facilitate effective management of a caseload.
- Demonstrated high level communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective partnerships and linkages with other relevant stakeholders and communities of interest to ensure better outcomes for the target group.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with thorough attention to detail.
- Computer literacy including sound knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft applications, in particular Word and Outlook.
- Experience and/or committment to perinatal mental health.
Desirable selection criteria
The applicant will need to have
- Registered status as a Clinical Psychologist, Registered Psychologist or Accredited Mental Health Social Worker
- Medicare eligibility
- Valid Police Clearance or Criminal Record Check
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Working with Children Check
- An Australian Business Number
- Current indemnity insurance
Remuneration - Medicare rebate
Please submit a cover letter with your resume and regular availability to firstname.lastname@example.org Referees will be sought upon short list completion.
The suitable applicants will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions at Gidget Foundation Australia.