- Position: Psychologist
- Renumeration Scale: Psychologist Grade 1-2
- Reports to: Leader: Learner Diversity Team
- Full Time Equivalent: 1.0
- Authorised by: Director of Catholic Education
1. To support Diocesan teams to provide a responsive, systematic and consistent service delivery based on current research that is evidence based in the area of inclusion and diversity.
2. To support diocesan schools and clusters to develop a culture of reflective practice, strategic decision-making and accountability for student achievement by developing site-based processes and protocols that analyse student behaviour and achievement within the context of the learning environment.
3. To work with cluster of schools to enhance their capacity to develop strategic interventions within a Response to Intervention framework and Positive Behaviour Intervention Support framework.
4. To build the capacity of schools to differentiate the curriculum and include students in the development, implementation and monitoring of individual learning plans and/or pathways decisions as required by the Disability Discrimination Act
5. To provide psychological support services to schools and/or individual students as determined in consultation with colleagues, school and families and to liaise with external professional agencies where required.
6. To encourage schools to build collaborative and authentic partnerships with parents/carers, students, and staff to ensure inclusive and diverse learning and teaching practices aligned to the commonwealth and state legislation.
7. Comply with the policies and procedures of the CEO’s Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Management System, including requirements to report and eliminate hazards, follow instructions, and participate in training and consultation processes