Thinking about private practice? We would love for you to join us at either our Fitzroy North or Kew rooms.
Due to growth and expansion of our clinic, we have contractor positions available at both sites. These positions are currently one to two days a week, with the option of evening and weekend sessions.
We are a fun-loving, hard-working, committed bunch of practitioners who care about the people we work with as much as the clients we support. Our psychologists’ interest areas are many and varied, and we share our expertise in adolescent mental health, oncology, perinatal, trauma and eating disorders, to name a few. We would love to add to these skill sets, as well as welcome other areas of interest to our team.
Clients we help may come with life adjustment difficulties or with a more debilitating mental health problem. Our clients have come to expect Birch psychologists will meet their struggles with compassion, understanding and a willingness to collaborate to help them overcome their problems.
We have established relationships with medical practitioners, networks of other health professionals and an excellent community reputation. This means that we have referrals ready to share, and will introduce and market you to our referral network. We also encourage and support all our psychologists to build their own referral relationships.
Our psychologists are independent contractors, with all the flexibility and independence that brings. We offer competitive remuneration, and flexibility in setting hours and case loads. But we know that private work can be isolating, so we offer plenty of clinical support, and will support you to promote your areas of interest.
We have created a practice we also love working in. We are approachable, understanding and dedicated to providing the support you need to enjoy your work.
Birch offers on-site administrative support, with an admin team who are professional and friendly. Megan, Andrea and Tilly are expert at working with all our psychologists to help them with their administrative needs. They are also wonderful at ensuring our clients feel comfortable and cared for when they reach out to Birch, so you know that your clients are always being looked after.
BENEFITS TO YOU
- be welcomed into, and become part of, a collegial environment,
- work amongst other enthusiastic and highly experienced psychologists,
- have an opportunity to broaden your experience and develop your skills,
- work in a friendly environment with ongoing clinical and administrative support,
- have coffee close at hand and both sites are in a shopping precinct including speciality food shops,
- be able participate in, and contribute to, a thriving peer supervision space,
- have access to cloud-based email, diary management and recording keeping systems,
- benefit from our fantastic administrative support team,
- receive competitive remuneration,
- be introduced and marketed to our referral network, and
- be supported to promote your areas of interest.
Interested? Email your cover letter outlining what you would bring to Birch, and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any questions or want more information, phone us on 0431 703 244.