- Full Time Permanent position
- 80 hours per fortnight, including ADO
- Busy, dynamic and supportive team
We are looking for a compassionate and open-minded professional to join our Emergency Mental Health Team working at The Royal Melbourne Hospital within Inner West Area Mental Health Service, a service of NorthWestern Mental Health.
Life With Us:
The Emergency Mental Health Team at The Royal Melbourne Hospital is a busy, dynamic, and supportive team that provides a variety of roles, including:
- Emergency Mental Health (EMH) Clinicians provide primary assessments and consultation to patients presenting to The RMH requiring a mental health assessment
- Police and Clinical Emergency Response (PACER) Clinicians provide primary assessments and consultation to a consumer referred by Police first response teams placed under s3551 of the Victorian MHA with the goal of assessing people in the community and avoiding Emergency Department where possible
- Engage Clinicians provide post discharge follow up from for consumer assessed by EMH and PACER who are not linked with a public mental health service. This follow is complete by phone and in person (within The RMH) where appropriate
A Job to Be Proud Of:
The EMH Clinician maintains a pivotal role within the Emergency Department providing an interface between community mental health and inpatient services.
This role provides high-level clinical consultation within the RMH Emergency Department, with respect to the assessment, management and treatment of mental health disorders together with associated at-risk behaviour.
The Senior Clinician will participate in clinical service development activities within the team and encourage and support quality initiatives and research.
- Qualified as OT3, SW3, P3, RPN4
- At least 5 years’ experience with demonstrated expertise in the assessment, delivery of treatment and provision of Targeted interventions and support to consumers with complex mental health related needs and their families/carers
- Highly developed skills in writing and an ability to promptly prepare documentation and the ability to communicate effectively
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Capacity to work across all aspects of the role
Our Commitment to You:
- We are a values based organisation, a career with us is a rewarding experience offering great prospects for career diversity and professional advancement
- NorthWestern Mental Health boasts a sophisticated learning structure and we pride ourselves on supporting continuing professional development
- We have an attractive salary and working conditions including annual and CPD leave, salary sacrifice
- We value work-life balance which includes our comprehensive Health & Wellbeing Programs including; Staff Gym, staff health service, peer support program and Employee Assistance Programs
Connect With Us:
Get to know us at www.nwmh.org.au and ‘Apply Now’.
Melbourne Health is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, ethical practice, and the principles of Cultural Diversity and social inclusion.
Join us to be the first in Care, Research and Learning
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working With Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment prior to commencement.