DEPARTMENT OF ATTORNEY-GENERAL AND JUSTICE
Senior Professional 1 (Remuneration Package Range $135,379 –
Offender Services and Programs
Full time, fixed contract until 13/03/2020
To undertake special treatment, assessment and guide the management of complex and high risk offenders, with a particular focus on offenders captured under the Serious Sex Offenders Act. To train staff on principles of offender management and provide accredited supervision through AHPRA of post graduate students and contribute to research in treatment and assessment of offenders with a focus on Aboriginal offenders.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake special assessments and deliver treatment to address criminogenic risk and need and psychological needs of offenders and generate psychological and risk assessment reports for various stakeholders.
- Develop, deliver and formally evaluate therapeutic and offence specific program manuals pertinent to high risk offenders.
- Develop, deliver and evaluate training packages for clinical, support and custodial staff working with high risk offenders including ‘train the trainer’ packages.
- Assist in the implementation of clinical governance frameworks to ensure ethical and evidence based and best practice standards are maintained in the Department.
- Develop and maintain inter jurisdictional relationships and participate in local, national and international research with a specific focus on leading research to improve rehabilitative outcomes for Aboriginal Offenders.
- Liaise with prison and community corrections management, sentencing authorities, professional bodies and other relevant parties on matters pertaining to the assessment of risk and/or treatment of offending behaviours.
Please contact for further information contact 08 8935 7580 or Barbara.Sampson@nt.gov.au
Quote vacancy number: 39097
Closing date: 03/07/2019
Applications should address the Selection Criteria. For a copy of the Job Description and to apply online please visit www.nt.gov.au/jobs