Act for Kids is a prominent provider of free prevention, professional therapy and support services for children who have suffered abuse and support for families at risk. With over 25 centres nationally, we have supported thousands of children and their families for 30 years. In 2017 - 2018 we helped over 40,128 Australians; a 17% increase from the year before.
Our unique multidisciplinary teams provide integrated therapy, sexual abuse counselling, safe houses in remote Indigenous communities, information, advice and referral services, intensive family support and early learning centres designed for children with additional development needs to ensure we set them up for success at school.
About the job.....
We are looking for a dedicated and experienced Psychologist Team Leader to join our team in our Gladstone office. The position is Full-time and Fixed term until 30/06/2022.
- Overseeing the practice of a small team of Allied Health Practitioners (Psychologists) and provide an outstanding therapeutic service to children, young people and their families who are referred to the Gladstone support service.
- Providing trauma informed, developmentally sensitive and culturally safe counselling and support to children and young people who have experienced sexual violence.
- Providing trauma informed, developmentally sensitive and culturally safe counselling to children and young people 10-17 to address sexually reactive behaviours.
- Encouraging and strengthening supportive relationships with adult caregivers.
- Enhancing psycho-social outcomes for children and young people impacted by trauma.
- Tertiary qualifications in psychology.
- Registration with the Psychology Board of Australia under the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
- Membership of the Australian Psychological Society is desirable (not essential).
- At least five years’ experience working with children, young people and their families or at least two years’ experience working in similar roles.
- Relevant experience in leading and supervising a team.
- Experience providing individual and group therapy to children, young people and their families.
- Understanding of the impacts of trauma on child and family functioning.
- Knowledge of current trauma treatment trends and child protection legislation and policy reforms.
With over 30% of our employees identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, we encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
About the pay
- Position is classified Level 7.1 - 7.3 under the SCHCADS award.
- Salary range is $88,688 - $92,514 pa (base negotiable depending on experience/skills) plus 9.5% superannuation.
- In addition, there are excellent salary packaging options offering the opportunity to significantly increase a team members take home pay.
About the benefits...
- Contribution towards relocation expenses offered if moving to Gladstone for role
- Winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 Award (100-499 employees)
- Winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 Awards in categories (1) Health and Wellbeing (2) Leadership and (3) Work-Life Balance
- Strong values based organisation
- Excellent professional development options (including additional annual professional development fund opportunities)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Study Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program including Health and Wellbeing Portal
- Excellent flexible work environment
For more information about the role, contact Kaye Pickering on 0419 794 277 or email@example.com.
Closing Date: 1 July 2019