Forbes Medicine & Mind is a private multi-disciplinary practice which opened in December 2018. We currently have one full time Psychologist and due to growing demand for psychological services in the Central West we are seeking an enthusiastic, warm and skilled Psychologist to join our small, yet dynamic team.
As part of this role you will work alongside a highly experienced team of clinicians including a GP, General Practice Nurse and other allied health professionals. We deliver a holistic model of care to our clients which is patient-centred. Our model aims to offer clients comprehensive mental healthcare by being able to see their GP, psychologist and psychiatrist (via telelink) all under the one roof. We are passionate about improving the mental well-being of our community and reducing barriers to treatment. We are looking to work with a clinician who shares our vision and coordinated approach to working therapeutically with clients.
The role itself will see you providing therapy for adults, adolescents, children and couples and treating a range of presentations across the lifespan including mood and anxiety disorders, trauma and addiction.
You will also get to work in a newly renovated, modern practice with a highly supportive team environment that feels more like family than a workplace. You will have the luxury of designing your work schedule – work as little or as hard as you’d like to create the perfect work/life balance for you. We will provide full administration, marketing and clinical support.
- Full registration as a psychologist with AHPRA and eligibility for APS membership
- Eligibility to provide focussed psychological services with a Medicare provider number
- A capacity to work independently and autonomously, requiring minimal supervision
- A compassionate and enthusiastic approach and genuine desire to improve your clients emotional wellbeing
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral skills
- Demonstrated ability to build strong therapeutic relationships with your clients and value developing relationships with referrers
- Holder of an ABN or ACN
- Masters or Doctorate level training in psychology
- Minimum of 2 years working in a clinical or counselling role
- A willingness to work with children
- Interest or experience in EMDR
- Workcover approved provider or a desire to become a Workcover approved provider
To apply please forward your CV and cover letter to Courtney Hodges – Practice Manager via email at email@example.com