Employment Type: Permanent Part Time
Position Classification: Dependent on Qualifications and Experience
Remuneration: Dependent on Qualifications and Experience
Hours Per Week: 24
Requisition ID: REQ92085
Applications Close: 5 July 2019
Vaccination Category: A
Where you will be working
Young District Hospital provides emergency, medical, surgical, and maternity services. Of the 37 beds, there are 6 surgery beds and five bassinets. Mercy Care Young adjoins the facility and provides a 26 bed sub-acute rehabilitation and palliative care service. A full range of community health services including community nursing, allied health and mental health services are also delivered by the local team and provide outreach to surrounding communities.
Learn more about the benefits and lifestyle of Young
About the role
Our Sexual Assault Counsellors at MLHD provide special clinical, supportive and advocacy services to victims of sexual assault (children, adolescents and adults) and their non- offending family members throughout assessment, counselling and legal proceedings. This role is also critical in the provision of a prevention service within the community of Young through consultation, training and in-services, community education, research and health promotion activities.
We are looking for candidates with the following:
· Degree in counselling, social work or psychology, or equivalent, from a recognised tertiary institution.
· Demonstrated knowledge of the impacts and dynamics of sexual assault and successful experience in trauma informed counselling.
· Demonstrated successful experience in crisis intervention. This would include a demonstrated ability to effectively intervene, prioritise and manage crisis situations.
· Demonstrated commitment to personal professional development, having sound knowledge of NSW Policies pertaining to Sexual Assault, Child Protection and Domestic Violence.
For a more comprehensive position description please click here
What can we offer you?
- An interesting, challenging, yet supported role
- Access to a fitness passport – with subsidised gym and pool memberships
- Competitive salary and packaging provisions
For more information please contact Katie Lynch, Acting SAS Coordinator, MLHD Sexual Assault Service: Katie.LynchRidley@health.nsw.gov.au.
To apply please visit https://healthnswgov.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/sexual-assault-counsellor-young-44701