ABOUT BROOKVALE PSYCHOLOGY
Brookvale Psychology is an established psychology practice in the heart of Sydney's Northern Beaches providing therapy for adults, adolescents, children and couples. We treat a broad range of presentations across the lifespan including mood & anxiety disorders, trauma, addiction and self-esteem difficulties. We also have a particular interest in treating relationship distress using evidence-based interventions for individuals and couples.
Brookvale Psychology is highly regarded by referrers and we regularly receive word-of-mouth referrals from previous clients who have benefited from therapy at our practice.
At Brookvale Psychology we provide a highly supportive team environment to enable you to grow as a clinician and make effective changes for your clients. Due to increasing demand we are seeking an enthusiastic, dynamic and skilled clinical psychologist, clinical psychology registrar or psychologist to join our team.
Prior experience in private practice or experience working with couples therapy is not required, however an attitude of desire to learn evidence-based interventions to improve relationships will be well regarded.
You will enjoy working within a wonderful team of psychologists using evidence-based treatments across a range of presentations and age groups. You will receive regular supervision to accelerate your growth as an effective clinician and you will have access to training and extensive therapy resources to facilitate your therapy with clients.
More information about Brookvale Psychology can be found on our website at http://www.brookvalepsychology.com.au/
Clinical Psychologist / Clinical Psychology Registrar / Psychologist, contract position.
The role can be either 2, 3 or 4 days per week.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
• You will work in a highly supportive and friendly environment providing you with the opportunity to succeed as a private practitioner
• You will receive regular individual supervision to meet your needs. The opportunity for peer supervision and training also exists
• You will receive generous and highly competitive remuneration
• You will be provided with administration support and receive access to the online diary system with SMS client appointment reminders
• You will work in newly renovated north-facing, light filled and inviting therapy rooms with a wide range of clinical resources and assessment tools
• You will be able to maintain work/life balance with flexible working hours
ABOUT THE SUCCESSFUL PSYCHOLOGIST
• You have a compassionate and enthusiastic approach and have a genuine desire improve your client's emotional well-being
• You will value building strong therapeutic relationships with your clients and value developing relationships with referrers
• You will have a desire to grow as a therapist and increase your knowledge of evidence-based interventions
• You will have registration with AHPRA and ability to register with Medicare
• You have excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• Interest in, or experience with, evidence-based relationship therapy (eg; EFT, Gottman method)
• Interest in, or experience with, EMDR
• Workcover approved or desire to become workcover approved
We are happy to answer any questions about the position so please do not hesitate to touch base via email or phone.
If you would like to join the Brookvale Psychology team, we very much look forward to receiving your cover letter and resume.
Principal Psychologist and Clinic Director - Dr Tabitha Keon