Exciting opportunities to work for one of Canberra's largest community sector organisations.
CatholicCare Canberra & Goulburn is a leading not-for-profit organisation with a presence in the community for over 60 years providing a range of services. We are looking for enthusiastic Psychologists, Social Workers as well as Mental Health Accredited Social Workers or Occupational Therapists to join our team of clinicians. These positions offer variety and work with a broad range of age groups.
Clinicians may work across a variety of services primarily delivering high quality focussed psychological therapy to vulnerable and disadvantaged people within the community. Your duties include utilizing evidence-informed approaches according to the policy of individual programs and delivery of services in line with professional standards. The services which you may contribute to include:
- Better Access (Medicare) bulk billing psychological services
- Counseling in our Employee Assistance Program
- Psychological assessment including assessments for children and young people in Catholic schools across the ACT and surrounds
- NDIS counseling
- Student & Family Counselling Program
What we offer
Rewarding opportunities exist for enthusiastic people seeking meaningful careers; helping people in the wider community. in a diverse range of program areas. CatholicCare's employment benefits include a generous salary packaging option and professional development in a family friendly environment.
CatholicCare is a large welfare agency of the Catholic Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn. Our mission is to provide quality services to people by promoting healthy, inclusive communities through relationships, partnerships and collaboration.
The ideal person we are looking for has:
- General Registration with APHRA as a psychologist, both generally registered psychologists and clinical psychologists; Provisional psychologists are eligible for certain programs 2) Social Workers, with certain programs requiring AASW accredited mental health Social Workers, 3) a credentialed mental health nurse with ACMHN; 4) a Better Access to Mental Health endorsed Occupational Therapist. Registration with APHRA or Membership with AASW.
- Demonstrated skills and experience working with children, adolescents, adults, couples and/or families.
- Commitment to and proficiency in delivering evidence-based practice.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and time management skills
- Attach an updated resume
- Covering Letter
- Address each Selection Criteria above
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
To be considered for this role you will be also required to hold:
- A current driver's license, and
- Working with Vulnerable People Card
- You will also be required to undergo a National Police Check.
For more information or to apply please visit:
Closing Date: Friday 5th July
CatholicCare is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Applications are strongly encouraged from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; people with a disability; people who identify as LGBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.