There is an opening for 2-3 general or clinical psychologists to become part of the Smart Therapy Centre team - a small private practice with 10 other great clinicians in Fitzroy North that is dedicated to anxiety recovery. The work done at this practice has always aimed to be the best, most advanced, neurologically-based, and drug-free approach available anywhere.
We are looking for applicants with a genuine commitment to working without medication and with a desire for a more proactive and ‘non-pathology’ approach to therapy. If you are dedicated, good at your work, interested in cutting-edge neurological research on anxiety treatment then we want to hear from you.
Whether you are looking for 5+ sessions per week or 25+ sessions per week please see application details below.
- Must have Doctoral or Masters level qualifications in Psychology
- Must be eligible to provide Medicare psychological services (MBS Items: 80010 or 80110)
- Must have own ABN
- Must have own indemnity insurance
- Must be eligible for Medicare provider number
- Must be reliable, punctual and have a strong work ethic
- Commitment to evidence based therapies such as BT, CBT, DBT, ACT, & SFT
- Excellent clinical, writing, organization and communication skills
- Must have tonnes of initiative and the ability and confidence to work independently
- Commitment to ongoing Professional Development
- Some experience working with a varied client base
- Friendly, warm personality with ability to build strong rapport with clients
- Must be able to work some Saturdays
You will be provided with:
- Flexible work hours
- Excellent remuneration (base rate: gen psych -$84 & clin psych - $100 per 50 min session) + lots of incentives
- Great PA support
- Excellent opportunity for clinical skill development (Board Approved Supervision)
- Special training in SMART THERAPY treatment for anxiety
- An attractive, relaxed work-place located close to gym and 50m outdoor swimming pool