MANAGER – CLINICAL SERVICES (PART TIME)
• 2 days per week + residential programs up to 12 days in duration - initial 12 month contract
• Based in Brisbane
4 Aussie Heroes is a charitable Foundation established to support and assist those military and first responder personnel, past and present, who are suffering with PTSD and other related mental health issues.
The Foundation is currently seeking a MANAGER – CLINICAL SERVICES with demonstrated experience in developing and delivering group therapeutic programs targeting psychological conditions, particularly Posttraumatic Stress Disorder.
Support the activities of the Foundation through lead facilitation and management of the group mental health programs. This will be done through the following:
- Respond to potential participant enquiries and referrals
- Conduct psychological assessments and screening with potential participants
- Facilitate psychological group interventions in line with program manuals
- Conduct brief individual sessions (including goal setting) with program participants
- Develop clinical resources including updating program manuals and presentations as required
- Supervise and work with multi-disciplinary program facilitators/presenters
- Write post-program clinical reports for participants’ health providers
- Collect and store consent for participants
Outcome evaluation and reporting activities:
- Review policy and procedures for the program, including intake assessment, program delivery, and outcome measures
- Administer pre and post outcome measures (i.e. DASS-21, PCL-5)
- Maintain an Excel database of outcome measures
- Score and interpret outcome data for both individuals and group
- Provide summary reports on outcome measures to General Manager/Board of Directors
Administration & Liaison activities:
- Liaise with additional program presenters
- Attend and contribute to the Foundation ‘Health and Wellbeing Committee’ meetings to guide development and ongoing management of policies, procedures and program delivery
- Meet with external referrers and organisations/stakeholders to provide information on program as required
- Registered psychologist with AHPRA
- Experience in the treatment and assessment of trauma related conditions including Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- Experience facilitating group psychological interventions
- Effective time management and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Clinical endorsement with AHPRA
- Post-graduate qualifications in clinical psychology (masters or doctorate/PhD)
- Experience managing/supervising allied health practitioners
- Experience working with first responders and/or military veterans
Hours are negotiable with a 2-day week required as a start. The role will also require live-in attendance at residential programs.
This position is available for 12 months initially with prospects of renewal. Remuneration is by negotiation, based on qualifications, skills and experience. Being a charitable Foundation with taxation concessions and benefits, tax effective salary sacrificing arrangements will be available.
The position incumbent will be responsible to and report to the General Manager, with some dialogue with the Clinical Psychologist on the Board and the Clinical Psychologist on the Health and Wellbeing Committee.
If you would like further information about this position, please contact the Chairman of the Foundation at E: firstname.lastname@example.org, Ph: 0418 735 257
4 Aussie Heroes Foundation
PO Box 208
CORINDA Qld 4075
All applicants must supply the following documents: cover letter, resume, and selection criteria responses.
Applications close 31 May 2019.