- Support the learning and development of therapists in mental healthcare
- Full-time, fixed-term opportunity until June 2021
- Be part of a University owned, innovative healthcare organisation based at Macquarie University (North Ryde)
We are seeking a candidate to support the learning and development activities in the MindSpot clinics by conducting in-house professional development programs, providing clinical supervision, and facilitating induction and on-boarding into the provision of clinical care across a range of contexts and populations via online and telephone based environments.
The role will also involve delivering clinical care based on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy models via online and telephone channels to patients experiencing a range of symptoms related to anxiety, depression and related other conditions, conducting psychological assessments and supporting patients through a comprehensive stepped-care model of treatments.
You will enjoy working in a varied role, putting into practice your clinical training in either psychology, occupational therapy, social work or nursing with special interest in mental healthcare in both training and clinical care settings. You will have completed a Clinical Supervisor training program and have experience with facilitating professional development programs in a clinical setting. You will have registration with AHPRA or a related registration body and passion for the growth and development of staff and exposure to developing and delivering training programs.
At MQ Health we unite the best clinicians, the most qualified researchers and the most dynamic teachers to lead the development of health and medical education and practice in Australia. We are Australia's first fully integrated university-led health sciences centre, combining excellence in clinical care with teaching and research. MQ Health brings together Macquarie University Hospital, the MQ Health Clinics and the Macquarie University Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences.
MQ Health's integrated approach delivers holistic patient care and treatment informed directly by world-renowned research and continuous learning for improved patient outcomes, enhanced student experiences and more and better research.
As a part of MQ Health, MindSpot is an internationally recognised translational research group. Our vision is to build an emotionally resilient world using technology to improve access to, and quality of mental health services. MindSpot comprises of a research clinic (eCentreClinic, www.ecentreclinic.org), a national online mental health service (MindSpot Clinic, www.mindspot.org.au), and a state-based virtual mental health service (PORTS, www.ports.org.au). Combined, these clinics serve more than 20,000 patients each year.
To be considered, you will demonstrate the below requirements in your CV and a 1-2 page cover letter:
- Tertiary qualifications in psychology or a related area and general registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) or eligible for membership the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW).
- At least 5 years’ experience providing mental health care services across a range of contexts and populations including the delivery of CBT models, risk assessments and interventions.
- Completion of a Clinical Supervisor training program and experience in the delivery of learning and development activities in a variety of modalities.
- Ability to engage, motivate, train, and supervise staff with skills in facilitating critical reflection and thinking through the use of guided questioning.
- Demonstrated sound verbal and written communication skills with an ability to build rapport and empathise with patients.
- Knowledge of, and commitment to, evidence-based and patient-centred clinical practice.
- Ability to prioritise and manage workloads.
- Knowledge or willingness to be trained in the MindSpot Model of Practice and service delivery protocols.
- Demonstrated computer literacy skills in the Microsoft Office Suite and database management.
For further information regarding this role and to apply, please visit our website.