Tasmanian Health Service
Mental Health & Statewide Services.
The Tasmanian Health Service is seeking interest from suitably qualified applicants for a Senior Clinical Psychologist vacancy.
Location: Please note this is a statewide position located in Hobart, Launceston or Ulverstone and location can be negotiated with the successful applicant. Some statewide travel will be a requirement of this role.
As part of a multi-disciplinary team delivering high quality forensic mental health services and in accordance with the Mental Health Services Strategic Plan, Mental Health Service principles, National Mental Health Standards, Agency policy, legal requirements and relevant professional competencies, the Senior Clinical Psychologist will:
- Provide special psychological assessments, treatments and secondary consultation services for clients of the Community Forensic Mental Health, utilising evidence-based best practice principles.
- In accordance with Forensic health care principles, Agency policies and direction, legal requirements and professional competencies, undertake the delivery of quality patient care services, based on best practice and within a collaborative and multidisciplinary framework.
- Provide professional supervision and leadership to the psychological services within the Community Forensic Mental Health Service (CFMHS) multidisciplinary team.
- Act as a consultant to other agencies with regard to the assessment, support and management plans of clients with forensic mental health needs and promote community awareness in relation to mental health.
- Take a lead role in ongoing service development, inter-sectoral liaison and contributing expertise to the development of clinical skills and capabilities of staff of Statewide Forensic Mental Health Service.
Salary: $101,858 to $108,496 pro-rata per annum
Period of Employment: Permanent, full-time, day work, working up to 76 hours per fortnight commencing as soon as possible.
Hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant.
To apply for this role, please go to www.jobs.tas.gov.au. Applicants are asked to address the selection criteria within the Statement of Duties. Please click the blue Apply Now button to submit your application.
Applications close: 23 Jun 2019, 11:55pm.
Vacancy No. 512545