Monash Health, Secure Extended Care Unit Dandenong
Drive the achievement of SECU and the broader Monash Health Mental Health Program and work within Victoria’s largest public health service.
- Permanent part-time role (0.63 EFT)
- Outstanding opportunity to impact on the quality of our program and provide evidence supported psychological treatments to our patients.
About Monash Health
Monash Health is an impressive organisation of seven public hospitals, 21 community health sites, five aged care facilities, university affiliated international research and tertiary education. We provide healthcare for the entire lifespan from pre-birth to palliative care and all stages in between that supports the delivery of clinical are.
Monash Health Mental Health Services provides a range of community, bed-based and specialist services covering the Casey, Cardinia, Greater Dandenong, Kingston and Monash LGAs – a population of nearly one million. It has an operational budget of $130 million and employs approximately 820 EFT, representing over 1000 staff.
What you need to know about the service:
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team environment
- High quality clinical supervision offered including a group registrar program
- Network of mental health psychologists and ongoing professional opportunities
- 0.4 EFT – Flexibility of working hours
- Diverse Psychology role within an Adult Mental Health Rehabilitation Unit
- Diverse Professional Development opportunities with great benefits
You are energetic and determined and performed above expectations as a psychologist. You communicate effectively, both written and verbally. Your ideas to improve service delivery are always welcomed as our team is progressive with many research and quality improvement activities. As a dedicated psychologist in public health you care about patients and deliver quality psychological services.
Your track record includes demonstrated success in the following areas:
- Provide psychological assessments and treatment
- Contribute to patient management plans in conjunction with multi-disciplinary teams
- Involvement with multi-disciplinary teams in mental health services
- Engagement in quality processes of continuous improvement, and research initiatives
You have strong written and verbal communication skills, you are an active listener and possess well developed negotiation and influencing abilities that will be used in working with patients, and internal and external stakeholders.
What’s in it for you?
- Genuine career opportunity to influence and shape the role of a psychologist within the team
- Support, mentoring and development from a highly experienced and well regarded leadership team and senior psychologist
- Satisfaction derived from improving the clinical outcomes and quality of life of consumers with enduring mental health issues.
As an employee of the largest public health service in Victoria, you will have access to salary packaging, onsite staff car parking and gym and a generous Employee Assistance Program.
What you need
- Current general registration as a psychologist with AHPRA
- Relevant post-graduate qualifications in Neuro Psychology
- Working with Children’s Check and Police Check
- Clinical experience in mental health services
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Preferred candidates will require a clear Police Check and a current Employee Working with Children’s Check prior to any offers of employment being made